How did you break through your plateau???

Options
I am on month 4 of my current plateau. I have been between 295-300lbs for the past 4 months. I am continuing to exercise 5-6 days a week. I recently joined the YMCA close to me to change up my workouts because I was getting bored with working out at home. I exercise for an hour at the YMCA in the morning & walk on my lunch. I do longer workouts on the weekends. I am trying really hard to do extra strength training with hopes it will break the plateau.

I try really hard to have 2-3 fruits & 2-3 veggies daily and have increased my fiber intake.

But alas I figure my problem must steam from my food. Weightloss is 80% diet 20% exercise. I eat fine while at work but when I get home I scarf. I have come to the point where I am so frustrated with being stuck at this weight that I eat whatever is in front of me at home. I need to break this habit & get back on the path of weightloss.

Does anyone have tips? or please share your story on how you broke through your plateau. Maybe I can change something up & finally get past this.

Replies

• Rivmage
    Rivmage Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    How is your water intake?
    How many calories are you eating?
    Do you know your TDEE or BMR?

Scott
  • tuck1jl
    tuck1jl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    How is your water intake?
    How many calories are you eating?
    Do you know your TDEE or BMR?

Scott

I drink a 32 oz cup of water while at work, 16 oz after I workout in the morning & then only water w/ dinner. So try to hit my 8 glass or more daily. I try to stay under 2,000 calories a day but I know I don't because of how I eat at night.

BMR 2125.9.
    TDEE 3288
  • kini324
    kini324 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I am on month 4 of my current plateau. I have been between 295-300lbs for the past 4 months. I am continuing to exercise 5-6 days a week. I recently joined the YMCA close to me to change up my workouts because I was getting bored with working out at home. I exercise for an hour at the YMCA in the morning & walk on my lunch. I do longer workouts on the weekends. I am trying really hard to do extra strength training with hopes it will break the plateau.

I try really hard to have 2-3 fruits & 2-3 veggies daily and have increased my fiber intake.

But alas I figure my problem must steam from my food. Weightloss is 80% diet 20% exercise. I eat fine while at work but when I get home I scarf. I have come to the point where I am so frustrated with being stuck at this weight that I eat whatever is in front of me at home. I need to break this habit & get back on the path of weightloss.

Does anyone have tips? or please share your story on how you broke through your plateau. Maybe I can change something up & finally get past this.

Try to really track all calories. You could be eating a bit to much that you are maintaining instead of losing. In order not to snack, I try to stay out of the kitchen past 7 pm. My husband is a big help with this.

Also- YES- add weights. I broke my plateau by cutting out sugar, trying to eat as clean as possible, and by focusing on strength not cardio.

I hope this helps some!!