Zumba Lover

Options
I'm back and refreshed. Been a few months off the wagon but I'm back for good. I need the support! I love Zumba and strength training. I'm very busy with work, school, and kids and could use friends to help me stay on track :)

Replies

• Yorkkw
    Options
    Love Zumba and any form of dance. I'm also very busy with 4 kids, husband, work, etc. Let's do this together!
  • shepswife
    Options
    What do you put in for Zumba in exercise? So hard to estimate!
  • SilviaGutierrezRaghu
    Options
    Hi zumba lover, we are having Zumbaton in North Denver Colorado, if you are interesting please e-mail me bailazumba@yahoo.com and I will give you more inforamtion, is to help a school en North Denver, will be only $3 and we are going to have fun, fun, fun, :)
  • tallgirlshelley
    tallgirlshelley Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm a fellow Zumba addict and instructor (yes, they'll let anyone in!). I use this site to calculate my burn

http://caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/
  • lostgurl55
    lostgurl55 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    zumbacalories.com this is what I use to calculate my workouts....Love Zumba!!
  • rissysmom14
    rissysmom14 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I use calorieburn.com, I have heard people say that it over estimates calories burned but I figure if you find a calculator that you like and us it consistently it will give you the right idea!
  • smilingeyez1202
    Options
    Me too....I lost 45 lbs last year. Started for Lent in February and lost it all by June! I felt great all summer! Bought new clothes and had the time of my life! Sorry to say that since September I have gained 20 lbs back......so I am BACK on FP which really helped me last time! I am planning to be here daily if you want a motivation partner!
  • SilviaGutierrezRaghu
    Options
    thank you,, are in Denver :)
  • SilviaGutierrezRaghu
    Options
    I'm a fellow Zumba addict and instructor (yes, they'll let anyone in!). I use this site to calculate my burn

Thank you, thank you, are you in Denver?
  • NancyQR28
    NancyQR28 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    What do you put in for Zumba in exercise? So hard to estimate!

I love zumba and I also do the Wii Just Sweat...I love to dance so it's fun for me to workout this way.

This has been the most accurate calorie calculator I've found. It has almost every activity you can think of..

http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

4018328.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • tallgirlshelley
    tallgirlshelley Posts: 108 Member
    Options

Thank you, thank you, are you in Denver?

I'm in Montana. Not too far away, but probably too far for an event ;)
  • bkrominga
    Options
    Hello fellow Zumba Lovers :happy: I do the Zumba Fitness Rush on the Xbox Kinect (in the privacy of my own home where it's me, my hubby, my kiddos and my dog and Lord knows THEY don't care how silly I look! :wink: ) I find that ZFR tends to overestimate the calories burned, so I really appreciate the websites you all have posted!

I always say to myself, if I'm going to do this I'm going to do it RIGHT! :happy:

Feel free to add me as a friend, strength (and motivation) in numbers! :flowerforyou:
  • Brookeleanne90
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba!! Its my go to cardio. I go to the classes at my gym but I might start trying the wii one when I cant make it to a class. Feel free to add me :)
  • sherimacquarrie
    sherimacquarrie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Love, Love my zumba class!! Twice a week every week (more if I can)! Feel free to add me! :)
  • SilviaGutierrezRaghu
    Options
    Yes but you are invited
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba too!! I go 3-4x a week and also do strength training and have started Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. Zumba is what got me into working out after years of being overweight and I was a smoker too. It's been a platform for me to learn that exercise doesn't have to suck and my body really loves the burn!
  • alisi85
    alisi85 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Love zumba!! Really anything that's makes me move especially when I'm shedding weight!! Let's shake these pounds off and motivate each other!!
  • BrittBritt12321
    BrittBritt12321 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm 18 and love Zumba!!! I recently moved to the country, so there aren't any classes around here. For now, I've been doing Zumba on YouTube! Tempted to get a playstation just for Zumba!
  • scwilson38
    scwilson38 Posts: 104 Member
    Options

Thanks. I have been putting mine too low. Using just dancing.