Why is it that....

Options
nyprdiva
nyprdiva Posts: 76 Member
Calories burned can't be calculated for things like sit ups and weight lifting? As part of my fitness regiment, I combine cardio and weight work and I feel like I probably am burning a lot more than just my 1/2 hour of cardio recorded here per day.

Replies

• Doctorcb
    Doctorcb Posts: 31
    Options
    I am sure that's true
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I was disappointed the first time I actually did weight training and went to log it in and it didn't give me a calorie burn - especially since I was doing fast reps vs. extra weight. What I did to make me feel better and to be able to 'see' my hard work I logged my 1/2 hour of weight training as 15mins of 'calisthenics (pushups, sit-ups), vigorous effort'.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Calories burned can't be calculated for things like sit ups and weight lifting? As part of my fitness regiment, I combine cardio and weight work and I feel like I probably am burning a lot more than just my 1/2 hour of cardio recorded here per day.

they can be. if you want to add strength training calories to your exercise calories, then log your strength training under cardio.
  • nyprdiva
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I have tried logging it there, but I do also want to keep track of the reps and amount of weight used. But I guess since the weight isn't being recorded calorie-wise, I can record them in both places, right?
  • Doctorcb
    Doctorcb Posts: 31
    Options
    Use a Bodybugg when you workout for an activity
  • nyprdiva
    Options
    Thanks for the BodyBugg suggestion. That's a great idea!