New here--any support is appreciated!!

Options
Hello everyone!

I started my journey at the end of last spring. I avoided my doctor for a year because I didn't want to admit that I had gained weight over the course of a year. So I started to change my diet and with that alone, I lost about 10 pounds over the course of the next 3 months. I know it's not terribly impressive, but I'm terrible with change. So I'm pretty stoked.

I gave myself a deadline and for Christmas my favorite in-laws paid my registration fee into this year's Warrior Dash. I'm VERY excited and my biggest fear is that I won't be able to finish it strong. So after my last hurrah (junk food wise) I started my couch to 5k program today.

Height: 5' 5"
Beginning weight: 175-6
Current weight: 164
Goal weigh: 135

I would not turn away anyone needed support, or anyone that wanted to throw a little support my way. Thanks everyone!

Replies

• Jenniferhenry11
    Jenniferhenry11 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've also avoided Drs because I knew I had a weight problem but I didn't want to hear it. But now I'm taking steps in the right direction. I'll send you a friend request. This task is so much easier with a cheer section!
  • wdash2013
    wdash2013 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!!
  • shoppingdiva2011
    shoppingdiva2011 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    If you need support add me.
  • xntricj
    Options
    I'm new here. My brother showed my husband and me the site. He's not even heavy, but he lost 13 lbs. Men lose easier.
    I'm a two-time breast cancer survivor. After my last episode, in 2008, I thought I'd change my ways, but I haven't. I am about
    your size, 5'6", 165-170. I used to ALWAYS be thin; I could eat anything, but the problem was, I did. And, I didn't gain. That
    all changed with perimenopause, and antidepressants. I never had to watch it, so I have really bad eating habits, and I'm a
    BIG sugar-holic. I was pissed that I had to do ANYthing, since I was spoiled about not having to, and I had experienced thing, buty not HEAVIER. I know I can do this, but I'm kind of lazy about this sort of thing. I don't like to exercise; it has to be fun.
    I need help with the sugar addiction; and I just need to be accountable and check in with others. I'd love to "talk" on this site
    when you have time, and if you ever need the encouragement, as well. I haven't lost weight since I got t6o this size, so it's
    time to take this seriously. Cancer survivors need to teat a lot less meat; more fruits and veggies; I don't drink enough water;
    and I have digestive issues that mean I should give up coffee (wah) and drink water and maybe tea once in a while.
    Let me know how you're doing; I'll do the same. Yesterday was my FIRST day logging food; and I was so hungry last night,
    even though I had eaten plenty. I finally drank hot tea, and tonight I will get chamomile for that - so, here we go . . .
  • xntricj
    Options
    I agree - let's get the PEP CLUB going. We'll have fun and look fwd to talking to each other - we can also WHINE, ONCE in a while, I hope, but we have to then get back with it - and not back down because it's hard. That's what I usually do. I'm a LEO and an extrovert - so I've learned about myself that I really want things to be fun - life should be a party, right? ANd, I think eating healthy can be a party, too. We just have to invite ourselves and create the fun. Let's GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add. :)
  • oelk11
    Options
    Feel free to add me for support :)!
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Add me! We can support each other!
  • annemcharles
    annemcharles Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Good luck!
  • 4sandrad
    4sandrad Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey. Feel free to add me!