Turbo Fire Or Turbo Jam

Options
Just looking for opinions... i wanted to know which workout program was better.. Turbo Jam or Turbo Fire? ... i wanna get back into insanity without hurting myself so i wanted to start with Turbo something..

Replies

• kini324
    kini324 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Have you previously done Insanity? I really only recommend Turbo Jam to anyone who has never worked out before or needs something low intensity. I have done both and Turbo Fire is one of my favorites! Feel free to message me if you have questions!
  • oXGetFitBabeXo
    oXGetFitBabeXo Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Well i ordered turbo jam to try it out.... then i realized there was turbo fire.. maybe i should of ordered that..

I'm stuck at day 17 insanity because i hurt a knee & ankle that got better now im getting over athletes foot from showering and putting the same sneaks on after.. that was dumb..
  • kini324
    kini324 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    If you do Turbo Jam first, it will give you a great foundation to do Turbo Fire later, if you want.

Do the modified versions on both if your knee or ankle give you any problems. Do you have a free Beachbody coach already?

And don't feel bad about the athletes foot! I did the same thing about three times a few years ago!
  • oXGetFitBabeXo
    Options
    Yeah i have a beach body coach... i'm just about 4-5 days behind i guess i could just catch up..
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Doing the Turbo Jam workouts will get you used to Chalene's moves and cueing (sp??). They are her earlier stuff so the stuff is a bit dated, but still fun. That's what I like about Turbo Jam, it's fun. Turbo Fire is kinda like Turbo Jam with a mainline of caffeine or something. And, she had HIIT work into the Turbo Fire stuff. I also like her ChaLean Extreme 90 program. And, I'm a Jillian Michael's fan, too. As long as it motivates you and gets you working out. . .it's a good workout!
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I have both. Turbo fire is much more intense so I like it better, but I am sure I wouldn't have picked up the moves as quick as I did (which didn't seem very quick:) without doing Turbo Jam first. The first few times I kept thinking, "Thank goodness I did Turbo Jam or I'd be totally lost!" I just have the Turbo Jam 5 workout DVD set, wasn't very expensive at all. My friend summed it up best: Turbo Fire is Turbo Jam on crack.
  • slimtoneneetz
    slimtoneneetz Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Turbo fire is best! But if u r a starter definitely turbo jam.
  • oXGetFitBabeXo
    Options
    I wonder if i can return Turbo Jam... (I've done insanity for 17 days and i can handle that.. its just i hurt my ankle then knee) i should just continue with day 17 today.
  • Charbyte
    Charbyte Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I don't have either and not sure what to get. I am not new to weight training and I need cardio in my life (not my favorite). I do Zumba regularly and keep up that is pretty much the extent of any strong cardio right now.

A few years ago I was doing Karate and got up to my purple belt (4 belts below black) but it has been awhile since I've done any martial arts or kickboxing. do you think I would be okay with Turbo Fire? Not sure what is meant by beginning.. beginner with working out in general? or with beginning working out with Chalene?

Right now I'm finishing up week2 of Brazil Butt Lift. Wanted to get my lower body stronger and doesn't hurt to shape the butt. :D
  • amstill314
    Options
    I agree with the previous posters - if you're just starting out, Turbo Jam is the way to go. TJ is less intense and will help you learn Chalene's teaching/cuing style and core set of moves. I LOVE TurboFire and definitely recommend moving on to that once you feel like you've gotten the hang of TJ.

Charbyte - I think your martial arts background would help you. What I mean by starting out is a little of both - working out in general and with Chalene. I think it is possible to skip TJ and jump straight into TF if you're used to more intense exercise. TF's "New to Class" option can also help you pick up the moves.
  • mikenike22
    Options
    I have both. I started with Turbo jam and Hip Hop Abs 4 yrs ago. Like others have said, Turbo Jam is a good starting point. My friend has Insanity and turbo Fire and says they are very different. With Turbo there is a ton of jumping around and kicking, She says she likes Insanity better because it does not have that. Im on wk 6 of Turbo Fire and I love it, but as i said before I did Turbo Jam and I was use to the style. Turbo Fire just intensifies her moves from TJ plus there are a few new moves that are fun. There is nothing wrong with having both. i would suggest try TJ for a month, then move onto TF.
  • Rocksiren
    Rocksiren Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Havent tried fire but have various Jams and really like em!
  • Charbyte
    Charbyte Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    hey all thanks for the responses! I'll take the stepping stone route and start with Turbo Jam. Since I've been weak with the cardio although there is nothing weak about an hour Zumba class, it may be the way to go to get started with Chalene which I've heard good things about.

Off to order so it's ready for me when i'm done with current program.
  • rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    Options
    I love them both and mix them up, depending on what other cardio I'm doing that day.