filling foods

Options
I go to work at 7a.m. , have break around 11 and home at 1:30 for lunch. By then I am starved and eat too much. I eat good breakfast, turkey bacon,eggs or oatmeal and break usually hard boiled egg or pretzles and by the time I get home for lunch at 1:30 I am starved. Any suggestions to some filling foods?

Replies

• lucysmommy
    Options
    what about a small healty snack at your break at 11am to see you through to lunch? x
  • brisamh
    Options
    avocados!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I have a hard boiled egg or pretzels but I come home starved,maybe stress or I need feeling foods.
  • lucysmommy
    Options
    do you want to change your breakfast or lunch?

your breakfast is already pretty good
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I need something filling for break.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    Add in a protein shake and some raspberries
  • Grammie4VT
    Grammie4VT Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    A piece of fruit and a low fat string cheese makes a pretty filling snack with few calories. Keep up the good work!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Carrots with a lite ranch dressing dip helps me. Or an apple, sometimes with a bit of low fat Greek yogurt if I need something sweeter. Maybe add some hot tea if you can...that helps. I also like leftover cooked broccoli and/or cauliflower that has marinated in a little bit of Lite Italian dressing overnight.
  • KishaO
    KishaO Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    avocados!

This helps me..
  • gpizzy
    gpizzy Posts: 171
    Options
    if you're eating a hardboiled egg OR pretzels at break, the pretzels won't take you very far in your day. Try having TWO hard boiled eggs. or, a hardboiled egg and some veggies, or a hardboiled egg and some grain? Or, mx it up with greek yogurt, and chia seeds. I recently started eating quinoa and brown rice and I have found they are SO filling. just a tiny little bit and I'm stuffed. Chia seeds to the same. You only need 2 tsp-ish and you will be so full! The key to that feelign is what you eat, and balancing.
  • gpizzy
    gpizzy Posts: 171
    Options
    Someone mentioned apples - and so I thought you could do thsi with cheese (also mentioned) or with peanut butter/almond butter etc... you could also do rye toast crackers with the cow cheese (I can't remember the name but there is a cow on the package). That should help get you through.
  • christinekry
    christinekry Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Avocado is very filling and delicious, and good for you.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    an apple with peanut butter
  • mamamcneil
    mamamcneil Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Nature Valley just came out with a chocolate peanut butter protein bar. Just picked some up at Target on sale, 10 in the box! You sound like you need something like this to hold you over! Good luck!
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    My lunch today was 2 large meatballs (in sauce of course) and a glass of milk. I ate almost three hours ago and I'm still full. :)
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    for me, goat cheese works best
  • choosingsara
    choosingsara Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Maybe some cottage cheese?
  • rebelate
    rebelate Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Maybe add more to breakfast. Eat oatmeal, and grab some greek yogurt and throw some berries in it. Add a piece of toast with peanut butter or avocado on it.

Snack have a piece of grilled chicken, and some cherry tomatoes, hard boiled eggs and string cheese.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I need something filling for break.

Not sure how many calories you are looking for in a snack, but veggie or apple slices dipped in peanut butter or hummus is a pretty filling snack for me.