Calories in Communion

Options
iWaffle
iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
How many calories would you estimate you consume during a communion service? Would believing in Transubstantiation have any effect on the Net calories? Does the blood and body of Christ have more calories than bread and wine? How would we calculate this?

Replies

• _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    captain_america_son_just_dont.gif
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Well, judging by the images of Christ on the cross, any calories would come from very lean protein.
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    Kneeling and praying burns off the calories from the wine and wafer.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Well, judging by the images of Christ on the cross, any calories would come from very lean protein.

You're assuming that the Transubstantiation did not happen during the Last Supper. The Last Supper Christ might not have been in such a lean condition.
  • Countryboy_
    Options
    Blood has more protein than wine, and bread is carbs...so the flesh would probably be better for you in the long run.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

You're assuming that the Transubstantiation did not happen during the Last Supper. The Last Supper Christ might not have been in such a lean condition.

Are you implying that the image of Christ on the cross is the body of someone working out in the prison yard?
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Ahahahaha love this.
  • rumplesnat
    Options
    O.o
  • Andyandyandyandyandy
    Options
    ha!
  • Andyandyandyandyandy
    Options

He was crucified the next day, so given the 1 lb a week goal he may have lost 0.14 lbs between dinner and death. But we can assume it was just water and fluctuations.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options

Are you implying that the image of Christ on the cross is the body of someone working out in the prison yard?

Wasn't the crucifixion like the day after the last supper? I mean sure, he was probably dehydrated, but he didn't lose any fat overnight!

I would like to point out that this post has an identical time stamp to the previous one!
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Oh boy....
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Kneeling and praying burns off the calories from the wine and wafer.

This seems to be a reasonable answer.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    oze7WgO.jpg
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Seeing how you are drinking like 1/4 of a teaspoon of wine, and like a piece of bread the size of a Styrofoam packing piece, I think your calorie allowance will hardly be affected by Eucharistic ceremonies.
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Being Catholic, I think you could actually not count the communion. We do aerobics at every mass, so any wine, communion would be a "gimme".
    Stand, sit, kneel. Turn shake hands...stand, kneel, sit....
    :laugh:
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    But...if you are a priest or a Eucharistic minister and end up finishing off the rest of the glass of wine because no one else wants it then you might want to log it.
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Communion wafers are in the database .. and I take communion (Lutheran) .. wafers are 0 calories (yay) and that teensy swig of wine is not more than 5 or 10 calories if you really must log it ..

For me .. it's all free of caloric concern .. there are more important things going on than for me to obsess over Communion Calories :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    log it as black pudding and pork rinds...
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I am locking this topic and wanted to provide a brief explanation; The original poster has received a significant amount of feedback and the conversations can continue via personal messaging or within a group. When the community does not allow for objective responses the topic will become as a whole, divisive. When polarization of this kind happens topics will almost always be locked.

From My FitnessPal Community Guidelines:
    4. Show Respect to All Groups and Individuals
    No derogatory references to sex, gender, weight, body-type, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, or endorsement of violence against any person or group, even if couched in humor, will be permitted. This includes expressing stereotypes about any group or community.

Thank you for your understanding and help in keeping MFP a supportive, friendly community.

Respectfully,
    Olivia
    MFP Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.