Is it normal?

Options
Is it normal to feel like your muscles are moving or throbbing after walking 30 mins on a treadmill? :ohwell: i mean iv noticed my muscles being sore before but not this .

Replies

• chuckles9189
    chuckles9189 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Are you doing a proper cool down? I only notice this when I rush my run and don't take the time to cool down and stretch.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Have you walked on a treadmill before? It can take time to get used to. I used to feel like I'd just gotten off a boat...
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    When I first started walking, running on a treadmill I had the same weird feeling. Almost like when you are on a boat for a long period of time and get on dry land.....you have sea legs! It will pass but just take it slow at first and build up. You don't want to fall down. Remember the movie Bridget Jones? I laughed so hard when she got off the bike and fell! We don't want to see that happen to you! Take it slow and build up!
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Depends on your fitness level. Take it slow and easy when you are starting out!
  • SpringFlower78
    SpringFlower78 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your advice i will make sure to start doing cool downs stretches . and take it easy i am pretty new at this.
  • thegirlnamedpearl
    Options
    Do you stretch your legs properly before you get on the treadmill? It would help so much to do a few basic stretches to get your legs ready for a workout!