Do you track the miles you've run in your shoes?

Options
I've read a lot of articles that running shoes are only designed to have so many miles run in them before they are replaced. Does anyone track their miles run, just always buy new shoes every 6 months etc, or just buy new ones when the old one feel worn out? THX!

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    no, each pair last different.
  • pplf2001
    pplf2001 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I've read a lot of articles that running shoes are only designed to have so many miles run in them before they are replaced. Does anyone track their miles run, just always buy new shoes every 6 months etc, or just buy new ones when the old one feel worn out? THX!

A lot of sites where you can log your runs also let you track your shoes that you're running in (and will let you look up how many miles per that pair).

Some examples:

www.runningahead.com
    http://www.running-log.com/

That's how I usually keep track. Or if I start to ache places or get shin splints.
  • justagirlgeek
    justagirlgeek Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I replace them every 500 miles.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    When I can feel a difference rather than on a schedule.
  • Rpeat1
    Rpeat1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You can't set a limit of 'x' miles for each change.

It depends on the weight of the runner, the surface the miles are ran on, how fast you run in them and the make and model of the shoe.

Bets to judge by feel i'd say.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    No. When my knees start hurting during a run, it is time to replace
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I track the mileage-but I'm not very bright about it (I track only the miles I run, but never track the warmup & cooldown miles and wonder why my shoes never last very long lol). I replace by feel regardless of the mileage-which is probably a good thing since I've not really been tracking the mileage very well apparently.
  • joyosplash
    Options
    I track them. But I don't replace until I start feeling pains. I like knowing its the shoes and not pain from an injury that I need to worry about.
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Nope. When my knees/hips start aching I know it is time for a new pair.