Sugar free pie

Options
I had a slice of pie with lunch today. When I got back to work and researched the caloreis, I was surprised to find out the pie had about 300 calories, even though it was sugar free. Typically I research, Google and/or MFP a menu items prior to going..I guess I learned my leason.

So my question, what is in a slice of SUGAR FREE pineapple pie that costed me so many precious calories?

Replies

• justsmiling
    Options
    The crust???
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    The crust was flour and fat, the filling was fruit, the filling was probably thickened with corn starch or flour or tapioca.
  • green022
    green022 Posts: 115
    Options
    I had a slice of pie with lunch today. When I got back to work and researched the caloreis, I was surprised to find out the pie had about 300 calories, even though it was sugar free. Typically I research, Google and/or MFP a menu items prior to going..I guess I learned my leason.

So my question, what is in a slice of SUGAR FREE pineapple pie that costed me so many precious calories?

SUGAR Free Pie is an oxymoron lol It may be sugar free but seriously it's still pie .......
  • kelotto
    Options
    It might say "sugar" free but still use honey, agave, or something else. It sounds like its mostly the crust though.

You can make a nice low cal pie by rolling out the dough very thin, baking one chopped apple with cinammon, nutmeg,etc., mixing a lil stevia w natural applesauce, covering just the top or bottom (depends which is your fav) and baking.
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    How big was that piece of pie?

Doing a search for pineapple pie in MFP's data base brings back a few hits for 300'ish but a lot of hits for half that and everything in between.

The buzz words diet, light, low fat, no fat, sugar free, nutrition rich, does not necessarily equal low calorie or healthy. Many of these things add in other stuff that's worse for you than eating the regular version of it. For a lot of things I'd rather cut my portion size by 10% than save 10% in calories to be eating things that don't taste as good and contain unknown ingredients that may be harming me..

There is to much good food out there to eat things that don't taste as good as they can and be as healthy for me as they can be. I'm trying to cut down on processed foods

Have you seen these cookies? How many parents are grabbing these for their kids thinking they are giving them better nutrition than an oreo?

whonu-cookies.jpg

http://www.thatsjustme.com/2011/07/who-nu-cookies-scam-or-nutrition/