Help or Patience, which do I need?

Options
Hello! Sorry for the long post, I just want to make sure everyone has the info they need to help.

I've been on MFP since Jan 2. I originally started with Carb Nite Solution (less than 30 net carbs daily, 1 carb up evening per week.)

I started at 203 pounds, 5'3", 40% BF, and experienced a few losses initially.

Jan 21 - 197 (6 lb lost)
Jan 31 - 194 (9 lb lost)
Feb 2 - 192 (11 lb lost)

Since Feb 4 I have fluctuated between 193-196.
I was eating with a goal of 1600 net calories (my BMR is somewhere between 1550-1650.)
I have been doing C25K, since Jan 21 (just starting week 5) 30 C25K + 2mi walking.
I have added 2-3 weight lifting workouts per week, Jan 28. (Stronglifts started last week.) I also do a 30 min elliptical work out when I lift.

A week and a half ago I stopped ultra-low carb, to do TDEE,1784 cals, figured here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ah96fK_kWbyCdC1CcW1UZUgxYWhIcTFjR2JqaElCSlE#gid=14

I have not lost weight for 2.5 weeks, and my clothes are not noticeably looser. I am pretty sure my diary is open, and I do measure all my food, there is one Saturday I did not track my dinner.

My net loss is approximately 8 pounds, in 7 weeks. I realize as an average that is reasonable. It's just frustrating I've seen nothing since the beginning of February.

So, here's my question: Do I need help (what should I do differently?) Or, do I need patience? (Keep on, keeping on.) Thank you for taking the time!

Replies

• kmickey91
    kmickey91 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think you are losing weight at a good pace. They say you should aim not to loose more than 2 pounds a week because it is easier to gain it back if you have rapid weight lose. I have lost like 7 pounds in three or four weeks....
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Patience.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    It's not uncommon to see no loss or even a small gain on the scale when you start a new exercise regime or increase your training. Our bodies flood sore muscles with water to help cushion and repair them. Drink plenty of fluids and wait it out and I expect you'll see the scale move in the right direction soon.
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I agree, patience. When I started lifting (and eating to support that) it took a good 6 weeks to see the scale move. And since then it's only about 0.5lb/week, but my clothes are noticeably fitting better. It takes time, but it's so worth it. Good luck!
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Yes. patience. When you resumed eating carbs, your body was able to renew the glycogen stores it had depleted when you went low-carb--and the body needs almost 3g of water for each 1g of glycogen. So a lot of what you lost on low-carb was water, and now that it's back, the restored water weight is likely masking any fat loss from your calorie deficit.

Eat healthily at a deficit, and you'll see actual fat loss happen.

more on carbs, glycogen, and water here: http://www.ncsf.org/enew/articles/articles-highprotiendiets.aspx