Green Tea

Options
Has anyone used Green Tea to help them along the way?

Replies

• now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    It is a great thing to drink. It does have health benefits however it isn't something that will make you lose fat.

I drink it because I like it... it helps me to avoid snacking.

Drinking green tea or taking the pills will not actually make you lose fat. The little bit of caffiene in it will slightly raise your metabolism for a very short time but not by much to make a difference.
  • allie_rat
    allie_rat Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea sometimes because I like it, I don't think it's ever helped me to loose weight.
  • primpinxoxo
    primpinxoxo Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    In my opinion a good organic green tea is what I attribute to my boost in metabolism, a little extra energy and with a little honey in it it tastes super yummy :-)
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    The only boost you get from green tea is the little bit of caffeine that it has in it. It's not the magic weight loss pill.
  • jaygreen55
    jaygreen55 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    That little bit of honey (20 calories per teaspoon 60 per tablespoon) adds more to your calorie count than any possible boost in metabolsm that green tea might give you
  • primpinxoxo
    primpinxoxo Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That little bit of honey (20 calories per teaspoon 60 per tablespoon) adds more to your calorie count than any possible boost in metabolsm that green tea might give you

Hopefully you can control yourself enough to not go overboard with the honey. A teaspoon of honey isn't going to make anyone fat.
  • majoki
    majoki Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    From webmd
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20050126/green-tea-fights-fat
    "Researchers say the results indicate that substances found in green tea known as catechins may trigger weight loss by stimulating the body to burn calories and decreasing body fat."

From wikipedia:
    "Several randomized controlled trials suggest green tea can reduce body fat by a small amount for a short time, though it is not certain if the reduction would be meaningful for most people." (Johnson, R.; Bryant, S.; Huntley, A. L. (2012). "Green tea and green tea catechin extracts: An overview of the clinical evidence". Maturitas 73 (4): 280.)

From : http://www.wellnessresources.com/weight/articles/the_effects_of_green_tea_on_weight_management/
    This article summarizes the results of several studies.

Of course, at the end of the day, it's best to read studies directly yourself.

So it sounds like green tea may help in fat reduction. I drink it about 1-3 times per day, but that started long ago before I was thinking about weight loss.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options

Hopefully you can control yourself enough to not go overboard with the honey. A teaspoon of honey isn't going to make anyone fat.

Correct... but green tea won't make you thin also.
  • RumpusP
    RumpusP Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    It's tasty.
  • starrisonmclennon
    starrisonmclennon Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    i've heard it boosts your metabolism but not by very much, but it's still a low calorie drink and idk about you but hot drinks fill me up so..
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I love green tea, but I don't view it as a weight loss supplement.
  • wmoomoo
    wmoomoo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    When you are eating something fatty, greasy, have a cup of green tea to help with digestion. But green tea will not make you lose weight.
  • Tatiyanya
    Tatiyanya Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I recently found a green tea in Tesco, ..Packers Best I think is the brand, and thats a first green tea that doesnt make me go green in face. I drink it cos its amazingly filling, doesnt yellow my teeth like black tea or coffee do and aparently its good for your skin and gently prods your metabolism and morning zombie to life. As magical weight loss tea I heard the red one is much more effective, but since it tastes like autumnal leaf brewed in baboon urine..ta, but no ta >.>'
  • kk1964
    kk1964 Posts: 46
    Options
    Thanks you everyone, I have read so many websites on green tea and all slightly different, but I guess what i am hearing is that is is really good for your health so no harm in taking it, but the key to keeping losing weight is healthy eating and excercise and if the green tea add a little to the loss its a bonus :happy: THANK YOU x