I want to lose 10lbs...?

Options
I weigh 136lbs and want to get down to 126 (maybe eventually 120) by summer. I can't afford. A gym membership and I'm hopeless at running due to asthma. Can anyone give me some tips?

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Well good news is you don't need to run, and you don't necessarily need a gym.

Eat a 500 calorie a day deficit - you're on the right site because MFP makes this easy - and do strength training. Bodyweight exercises aren't ideal, but they're better than nothing. Pick up a book called Convict Conditioning. It contains 5 or 6 exercises that start off easy and ramp up as your abilities increase.

That's all you need to do. Eat a calorie deficit, get a lot of protein, and do some bodyweight training 3-4 times a week. The pounds will melt away and you'll be down to 126 by the end of March.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I just lost 10lbs doing 35-45 minutes of cardio (workout dvds, I gave up running as it's too cold in Europe at the moment!) 6 days a week, incorporating some yoga to tone myself up more and eating roughly 1500 calories a day (before exercise calories is taken off).
    You could maybe try Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred or Ripped in 30 for a 30 day program that will shift the majority of that if you eat a good diet with it. And it builds up your fitness throughout the 30 days with different levels so you can start out easy.
  • EjaneK11
    EjaneK11 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Have you looked into Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred? The dvd is like $10 I think at Wal-Mart. She does 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes cardio, and 1 minute abs. I lost I think about two pounds doing level 1 and starting level two and also 1 1/2 inches.
  • tammymusic1
    tammymusic1 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I agree Julian Micheals I also use Jackie warner and bob harper DVDs
  • kirsstyw
    Options
    Thanks everyone I'll check amazon for the DVD!