Biggest Loser FAKE!!

Options
bikermike5094
bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
Anyone watch BL last night? Sadly, I did.. There was no way in H e l l with a minute left in their beach challange that they all got over that beach burm, ran 20 yards through the sand, picked up a fallen member, then all 6 of them dragged their fat butts up that ladder to the pier...with a 8 ft. flag pole no less, and then ran 200 yards down that pier to plant their flag..... all in 59 seconds!!! But hey, through the magic of television they did it and got their 10 lb reward. I call bull!!!!!!!!

Replies

• shelleycc
    Options
    Yeah, I really hear you there. Unfortunately, quite a bit of the show is staged/scripted. For instance, the weigh-ins actually occur off-camera earlier in the day (allegedly after some brutal "making weight" dehydration work-outs), and then the results are organized and unveiled during the look-pretty on-camera ritual. I wonder about prompts and scripting: for example, was Gina encouraged to throw hissy fits, stomp out, and being a general ***** this week, or what?

That being said, the season, for the first time ever, I have picked up the shameful habit of actually being hooked on this "reality" cash cow. My sister, an out-spoken participant in the eating disorder scene, nearly took my head off when I confessed.
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I stopped trusting most TV shows that are timed like that. Food Network shows such as Chopped, Cupcake wars...1000 cupcakes in 1 hour, really?
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I had the same thought last night! Even if all seven of the, got up the ladder in 10 seconds it would have been more than the minute thy had! Thy still had to run the pier!
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Yes, and I think Jillian's rants are a bit over the top and "for the camera" fakey.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    My understanding of the weigh in's is that they take place in the morning, yes, but the participants don't know the results until the afternoon televised weigh in.
    The last chance work outsh have been a matter of controversy for all of the seasons where they do the workouts and don't hydrate properly before weighing in.
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I stopped trusting most TV shows that are timed like that. Food Network shows such as Chopped, Cupcake wars...1000 cupcakes in 1 hour, really?

As a baker, yes 1000 cupcakes in a hour with bakery ovens and 2-3 person teams, it can be done.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Who cares? They didn't get their 51lb goal anyway.
  • MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    Options

As a baker, yes 1000 cupcakes in a hour with bakery ovens and 2-3 person teams, it can be done.

Actually they have way more than 1 hour for the final 1000 cupcakes......okay well not WAY more time, lol...I just googled it...they get 2 hours ÜÜ
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Who cares? They didn't get their 51lb goal anyway.

I could not believe that they couldn't hit that!!! :huh:

I hope Gina gets kick off next week, don't like her attitude!!
  • Lbekah72
    Lbekah72 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Anyone watch BL last night? Sadly, I did.. There was no way in H e l l with a minute left in their beach challange that they all got over that beach burm, ran 20 yards through the sand, picked up a fallen member, then all 6 of them dragged their fat butts up that ladder to the pier...with a 8 ft. flag pole no less, and then ran 200 yards down that pier to plant their flag..... all in 59 seconds!!! But hey, through the magic of television they did it and got their 10 lb reward. I call bull S H * T!!!!!!!!

lol.... Agreed!!!!
  • Alanakrahenbil
    Alanakrahenbil Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I stopped watching this season. An old contestant came forward and told about everything that happens on the ranch. They get treated like animals, everything is fake and "one week" isn't actually one week among other things.
    Id rather be motivated by something real.
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Did anyone notice Bingo's pushup form during their pop challenge? I love that they're incorporating kids and all that, but form is important to avoid injury and actually get something out of the workout. I think after last year's ridiculous season they're trying to make it more positive. Jillian has been a raging psycho this season. If someone was constantly telling me to "leave" or "get out" I probably would. It's not motivating.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    I really liked the season with John Rhode, but I haven't been able to get into it since. It feels much more scripted and fake than it used to. More like a soap opera than a competition!
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Did anyone notice Bingo's pushup form during their pop challenge? I love that they're incorporating kids and all that, but form is important to avoid injury and actually get something out of the workout. I think after last year's ridiculous season they're trying to make it more positive. Jillian has been a raging psycho this season. If someone was constantly telling me to "leave" or "get out" I probably would. It's not motivating.

Yeah, i comment on that to my wife as well. Crazy an 11 year old boy cant do a standard pushup... sad state of affairs for our future generations.
  • epram5
    Options
    Jillian stormed out after her blow up with the other two trainers just like Gina did. She's no better than the contestants when they "give up". Ugh...not a JM fan!!
  • savannahchristine
    Options
    My mom and I didn't beleive it. There is no way that they all could have moved fast enough to reach the end of the pier in a minute. There is just no way. It was too great a distance and they were all moving at a slow pace.....and then Gina fell!
  • allymacary
    allymacary Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yes, and I think Jillian's rants are a bit over the top and "for the camera" fakey.

I totally agree, you can see it in her face that she is faking.

I feel bad for anyone that has ever slept with her LOL!!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    What? Reality TV manipulates the situation and the footage for maximum drama?

I never woulda thunk it!
  • peace_frog21
    peace_frog21 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    This season is a little over the top with the drama and stuff. I really like Danni though. She's why I keep watching.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Not to mention nearly all contestants/winners gain the weight back, I also stopped watching the show because the unrealistic nature of it made me feel bad about my slow progress. :embarassed: I know it's just reality TV but still...