Les Mills Combat

Options
Has anyone tried Les Mills Combat? I'm looking at getting it but would like some feed back first. Thanks

Replies

• cindaroses
    Options
    Just tried the first workout. I really liked it. It really made me pump up my kicks and punches.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I've never done the Beachbody program but I have taken the actual classes in gyms (Les Mills Bodycombat). It's... not bad. Bit great, but not bad. But it's hardly a complete workout. It's a lot like Insanity in that strength training takes a back seat to cardio (you do some, but not a lot) and I don't think that's the best way to go.
  • HOLLEE85
    Options
    Ive been debating on doing les mills combat or tapout xt......eventually I will do both just don't know which one to start with
  • ChristinePechulis
    ChristinePechulis Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm into Week #5 of the more advanced schedule. LOVE it! So much fun and great music. If you want to check out my calorie burns, feel free to friend me here. :smile:
  • contingencyplan
    Options
    Ive been debating on doing les mills combat or tapout xt......eventually I will do both just don't know which one to start with

TapouT XT is good but if you're considering these you should also look into Rushfit--similar format, but way better IMO
  • nancyfl682
    Options
    i just tried it for the first time today. I loved it! it was easy to follow and you sweat a lot! I also have 10 min trainer and i love it! i like workouts that are timed and do HIIT.
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    I just ordered this and it should be here today or tomorrow, I will give you my feedback after I try the workouts...
  • contingencyplan
    Options
    Les Mills Combat, adapted from the classes that have been conducted in gyms for years now (Les Mills Bodycombat) is basically Beachbody's answer to GSP Rushfit and TapouT XT, which are popular MMA-inspired workout regimens. Comparing the three, here are the differences:

-Les Mills Combat is the only one that doesn't incorporate a Yoga-style stretching workout.
    -Les Mills Combat is the one that incorporates the most legitimate, orthodox, martial arts-inspired moves.
    -TapouT XT is the least equipment-intensive (all you need is a single resistance band which comes with the kit, although you may want to upgrade to a more difficult one as you progress)
    -Rushfit is 60 days while the others are 90
    -Rushfit is the only one whose schedule allows you to supplement it with additional cardio (The program was designed for people who either practice martial arts or attend kickboxing classes at their gym, so the schedule only requires you to do the strength training workouts included and leaves it up to you to choose what kind of cardio to do on cardio days)
    -Rushfit is the overall most effective one (albeit the most boring to do)
    -Rushfit has the shortest workouts
    -TapouT XT has a lot of room to "modify" because while the individual workouts are great, the schedule is poorly put together and people who know what they're doing can rearrange it for better results.
    -Les Mills Combat is the only one that backs up the workouts with motivational music
    -Les Mills Combat has the most complete nutrition guide (the only one with recipe suggestions--the others only give you guidelines to follow and leave the rest up to you)

Personally if I had a choice between the three I would either do Rushfit or take the individual TapouT XT workouts and put together my own schedule using them. Les Mills Combat is the least likely one I would do because the instructors who put it together openly admit that it is not a "complete" program. It was intended to get people interested in the overall program to attend the actual classes at a local gym, so it's more or less a "teaser" for what you would get regularly attending actual Bodycombat classes.
  • gellar76
    gellar76 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Combat is a 60 Day Program

Also, there are a few days that are strength training days.

I'm currently doing Combat and am really enjoying it.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Go to the classes! So much fun