BOOBS! Chicks only, please.

Options
Hello Fellow MFP-ers,

I've been having a boob dillema. I've lost alot of weight and because of it I've also lost alot of my breasts in the process. Not that I'm complaining, I'm actually happy that their much smaller and that I have less baggage to carry around. BUT they seem to be all over the place ALL of the time, especially when I'm working out. I'm not going to get into details as I'm sure most of you know what I'm talking about. So, my question is, how do you deal with the sagging, loose skin, and all around weirdness that your boobs have become after you've lost weight? What kind of bras do you use for your workouts or everyday wear? How do you camouflage the damage? I feel like I've been left with old lady boobs sometimes... :(

Replies

• katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Im on the same boat as you, you have to work out your chest/pecs, and wear a sport bra... if you go to a gym ask one of the people that work there which machines you can use to work out your pecs...
  • 20chloe09
    20chloe09 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I feel exactly the same! In fact my boobs are the only place where I can definitely see that the weight is coming off. Be encouraged though - your hard work is paying off and you are still in proportion - you have those curves that a lot of women would kill for! I have been using a super heavy duty sports harness type thing when I go to the gym - it's from Anna Kournikova's range but I've had it for ages so I'm not sure if they still make them. Still, its very good and keeps everything in place! I really don't know what to do about the sagging/excess skin and I'm really glad that you've raised the question because I'd be very interested in the answers that people will come up with on here! I'm sure that continuing to excess will go some way towards toning everything up though. Thankyou for asking this question!
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Ha... welcome to my world!! Short of a boob job....nothing will help your boobs. Good fitting underwire bras are your best bet.I wear a good snug bra and a sports bra over it during workouts. Start saving your money for a new pair...by the way... boob jobs are not forever....it wont be your one and only...
    Good luck...Jill
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    i had a different problem, when i started losing weight, i never lost any in my boobs, just all around them and in my back and stuff. pre-weight gain: 36C
    heaviest weight: 40C
    50lbs lost - 36D-sometimes DD!!!!!
    finding shirts/exercise bras has been a challenge but the main one i use now is an "old lady bra" from wal mart that provides FULL coverage, is very snug-fitting, and has wide bands/straps. when i'm running, playing tennis, or working out the girls stay put.
    also since i use a resistance band for most of my strength training and toning, i've noticed that some of the workouts i do for my upper body and arms specifically help with the boobage area, and help keep everything tightened up and non-saggy.
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I totally understand where you are coming from! My son (5 yrs old) even asked when he saw me get out of the shower what happened to my boobies... why were they pointing down!!!!!! :( I wear a sports bra during workouts, I do my best at push ups and pull ups that will work that muscle group and I wear La Senza underwire bras all week when I am not working out.

(((hugs))) to you ... I get what you are going through and hopefully we will be able to attest to the fact that this is just a phase and they get back to "normal" with adequate work!
  • jenjen84
    jenjen84 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I wear two sports bras and then a workout tank with the built in bra and I don't move!! During the day, I wear Lane Bryant's brand of full coverage bras and I love them!
  • elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Options
    Invest in a few good sports bras or maybe double up with a couple of the cheaper ones. A good one is invaluable! As far as day-to-day Victoria's Secret has some nice push up bras that vary from a little lift to OMG I now have a boob shelf! Since you've lost so much it might be a good idea to go into a Victoria's Secret or major Department store (like Macy's) and get measured (or I think you can google the little formula to do at home) since you probably aren't the size you think. I hope this helps and congrats on the progress and all your hard work!
  • lisalynn35
    lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Im on the same boat as you, you have to work out your chest/pecs, and wear a sport bra... if you go to a gym ask one of the people that work there which machines you can use to work out your pecs...

In addition to working our your pecks and finding a really good sports bra (don't go to Walmart and expect to get the support you need), along time ago, on one of my many weight loss journeys, a woman I knew told me to drink skim milk and I thought she was full of it. She was not, I've tried it and it works to a certain extent. 8oz of skim milk a day and your breasts should regain some, if not most of their former firmness.
  • lovelypen50
    lovelypen50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    OMG, I know the feeling. My boobylets have headed south...........
  • WonderNoodle
    WonderNoodle Posts: 549
    Options
    weight loss or not, i think every woman should go for a good bra fitting because 9 times out of 10, we're wearing the wrong band and/or cup size.

if you're small, jc penneys or victorias seceret are common places to get measured and get help finding a bra to put the girls back where they belong. i'm still a big girl and LOVE the girls at lane bryant. they are spot-on in their sizing. i love their balconettes for helping me put things "back in place".
  • TammyK777
    TammyK777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    just wanted to say that I'm glad to know I'm not alone :) thanks for bringing up the topic!!
  • Alita2011
    Alita2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Mine are not huge but I do like them to stay put when I am working out, esp running. I wear a sports bra(that I picked up at Walmart a few years ago) and I sports tank with a bra inside I got from Walmart and I stay put.
  • mtracy11
    mtracy11 Posts: 13
    Options
    Wearing a good quality sports bra, which is more expensive of course, really does help!!! Also, it is supposed to help if you start wearing a bra to bed every night. Kind of helps them reform. Under Armour sports bras are AMAZING!!!
  • athenafl
    athenafl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I strongly recommend spending the money on high-quality sports bras. I wear Champion sports bras and buy them either at Sports Authority or online from Champion.com. I don't want to publicly post the size, but I will tell you that they are in the upper range cup size for a 34 - 36 and I can run respectable distances comfortably.

The Title 9 Sports catalog (www.titlenine.com) also has a great selection of sports bras with very strong support for a wide range of activities. They're a bit on the pricey side, but if you're that uncomfortable, it might be worth it.

HTH.
  • irunwithscissors
    irunwithscissors Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Lane Bryant has the best bras. I have on that can cross in the back and that holds me up, then if I am going to jog or play tennis I wear a sports bra over that. In everyday life I wear Lane Bryant bras, they work great!
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of strength training that includes the chest. I have seen a significant improvement in that area. The greatest comment was when I was lying in bed and my husband asked me if I was pushing my boobs up - I WAS NOT!! Of course they are not like pre-pregnancy, but they have improved! I agree with other postings - go to a place that performs bra fittings. There are many options out there. You are not alone in your dilemma.
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    How do I deal? I do upper body strengthening, double bag when I work out, and spend a ridiculous amount of money on bras because most companies don't make my size (32F). Oh, and think of the day when my student loans are paid off so I can reward myself with a boob lift.
  • tntrav44
    tntrav44 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My ABSOLUTE FAVORITE sports bra is the Enell sports bra. I saw it on Oprah a few years ago and bought one. It was pricey (around $50, I think), but WELL worth it. I've worn it for almost every workout every day for about 3 years, and it still works fabulously. It hasn't lost any elasticity. It's a pain to put on and take off - it has like 15 hooks up the front of it - but it's so worth it. I keep meaning to order another one just because I love it so much.

You can find it at www.enell.com.
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Since age 12 I've been in a D cup. Now that I'm losing weight---the girls are staying the same size. I was never perky in the slightest so I can't miss what I never had. As far as working out---I have to wear two (very tight/small) sports bras. Gotta love it :wink:
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you just have to deal with the black and blue knees!

A good sports bra is the key. Everyone is different so you have to go by trial and error. I buy mine at Kohl's. They are usually on sale, and Kohl's has a one day sale almost weekly. I personally like the ones with cups. Get a fitting done at a good store, so you know what size you are looking for.