I love running!!!

Options
I've been running for over a year. Took a month off in December and came back strong since the beginning of the year. I've worked up to five days a week. It's done so much for my mood, body, etc. It's helped me lose 45 pounds in the last year, build my confidence, make me feel strong, and not to mention, my legs are becoming pretty great.

I just....love it.

I'm done now.

Replies

• allymacary
    allymacary Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Awesome, keep at it! I feel the same way, I could never go back!!!
  • rottyman
    Options
    Running has been my main source of weight loss, but I just can't go 5 days a week, just to give my legs a rest. I've incorporated cycling and weight training. It's done wonders. Keep going for 5 days if you can. And like I say, "I don't enjoy running, I enjoy stopping after a run" ;)
  • runjonnyrun2279
    Options
    I was totally in love with running, made me feel epic!, However i lost my way and stopped going (Baby being born and house being Done up) NOW... im back to where i started.. Its so hard too loose the pounds but soo very easy to gain them back..

Im T-Minus 6 days to my first run of the New Year, been getting my legs stronger and starting to eat healthily again. Cant wait to start feeling good again..

Keep up the running, Im in need of some virtual competition if you or anyone else is using Endomondo, then maybe we can compete.....
  • dobenjam
    dobenjam Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I've been running for over a year. Took a month off in December and came back strong since the beginning of the year. I've worked up to five days a week. It's done so much for my mood, body, etc. It's helped me lose 45 pounds in the last year, build my confidence, make me feel strong, and not to mention, my legs are becoming pretty great.

I just....love it.

I'm done now.

^^ This! I use to HATE running (when I was a kid) and now this is how I feel!
  • amandat_79
    amandat_79 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I hear you there!! I've only started running in the past few weeks but I've already fallen in love as well. I ran 5k for the first time last week and I was feeling pretty miserable before I started my run but I got off the treadmill feeling totally calm and happy. It's fantastic!! :)
  • Ian513
    Ian513 Posts: 10
    Options
    Same here, I've only been running for just over a year, I'll be 43 in may and have never felt better in my life....! I ran my best 5k time on the treadmill the other day, 32:18.

Way to go....!

-Ian in Tulsa
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    i hate running
  • DexterDarko
    Options
    I've been running since I restarted my journey, and since I'm so unhealthy it's more like going to hell and back, then again. But I noticed i'm getting better at it, and once I start running it feels good until I'm in hell. Once it can feel the good the whole time, I can't wait.
  • Buckeye_Fittie
    Options
    I love running too! It's the most natural form of therapy!
    I'm currently doing Couch 2 5k and I love it!!
  • dobenjam
    dobenjam Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I've been running since I restarted my journey, and since I'm so unhealthy it's more like going to hell and back, then again. But I noticed i'm getting better at it, and once I start running it feels good until I'm in hell. Once it can feel the good the whole time, I can't wait.

Keep it up! It gets better and easier. When I reached the "Run for 30min" workout on my 5k program I was sure I wouldn't make it. But I did. When I had about 6 min left I realized that I wasn't out of breath, that my legs weren't tired, and I was actually going to do it. I started laughing and finished strong with a huge smile on my face. At that exact moment is when I realized "this is why people do it". I have a long way to go, but I'll be a runner for life now.
  • UncleRiotous
    Options
    I've been cycling for six years and I've been working hard in the eight months or so (3100 miles in the last 12 months). Tried running for the first time in about 30 years on Saturday, did 1.7 miles in 16 mins and four days later my legs are still giving me serious pain, I'm going up and down stairs like a 90 year old. Once they've recovered I'm going to hit it again but maybe go slower and less far until I get into it, hope I can get as enthusiastic as you guys are.
  • sluedu09
    sluedu09 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I don't always feel great while I'm running. Usually it's the accomplishment afterwards. When I posted before it was after I got back from speedwork. One thing I have learned, is that it's not always enjoyable while you're doing it, but it is so worth the feeling you get afterwards. If you keep that in mind it makes it easier. The more you run, the more positive experiences you build up, the more you like it.
  • MelissaVoci
    MelissaVoci Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I love running too! Started a 33 week training program yesterday, and will be running a full 26.2 in October! :) It is my second one, but I walked most of it the first time, with no goal for a time to finish (I finished in 6 hours and 10 minutes). I have a running partner this time, this will be her first marathon. We have a smaller race every month from now until the marathon. When I started, I hated it. I thought people who said they loved running were all sadistic liars. Crossing the finish line at my first race (a half marathon by the way) changed all that for me. I am hooked for life :)
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    :) I love running too. I only do interval running but it feels FANTASTIC. I just don't know what I would do without running!
  • mamamcneil
    mamamcneil Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love to run too! I am up to 3-3.2 miles @ 6.0 mph 4 days/week and aiming for 5! Yay for runners! I want to do a half marathon in May!
  • carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I to love love love running =)
  • aminer31
    aminer31 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I hate running but I love it the second I am done. Always feel great!
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    i get on those kicks, too. Then i get on the kicks where i am bored to tears of running and every single song in my itunes library.

Currently loving it and will be running 3 miles in about an hour. Woot!
  • FootsoreRambler
    FootsoreRambler Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I love running too (outdoors -- it's very boring on the treadmill). I always get the best high from it!
  • calbolo
    Options
    I love running but hate shin splints :/