Replies

• 1sisrat
    1sisrat Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    LOVE fitnessblender.com!
  • alexisu96
    alexisu96 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I only did about 30 minutes. Was doing everything but burpee stuff and my HrM never went over 140 for me. Don't know how I am suppose to get near 1000

Pro: i liked it, guy was not annoying. Simple instructions

Con: lots of burpee moves. This is only a problem if you are obese like me. I am 218 and for my size fit. I can do push ups but the move where you kick your legs in/out for fat people is misery/hell . Pure hell actually I do alot of sports and I honestly feel burpees are for those who are already thin and have no stomach getting in the way. It's not that I am lazy but it's a physical handicap being obese.
  • DolDolDola
    Options
    i did it, but man it hurt me to even breathe during and afterward, i was shaky. ..but i am happy if this helps me burn throughout the day. will piush myself more.
  • DolDolDola
    Options
    did you use HRM machine to see how much you burned?
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I only did about 30 minutes. Was doing everything but burpee stuff and my HrM never went over 140 for me. Don't know how I am suppose to get near 1000

Pro: i liked it, guy was not annoying. Simple instructions

Con: lots of burpee moves. This is only a problem if you are obese like me. I am 218 and for my size fit. I can do push ups but the move where you kick your legs in/out for fat people is misery/hell . Pure hell actually I do alot of sports and I honestly feel burpees are for those who are already thin and have no stomach getting in the way. It's not that I am lazy but it's a physical handicap being obese.

You can try doing it with your hands on a chair or the edge of a table. In the gym, I use a Smith machine, because you can move the bar down in 6" increments as people make progress. I have had some women in the 210-245 lb range do it that way with some success.

My problem is that I am too inflexible to go all the way down on my hands, so I hold a Bosu ball (rounded size down) and do the push up off that.
  • jc1961AA
    jc1961AA Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shaxl
    shaxl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love FitnessBlender! I found their website by accident a couple of weeks ago and have been doing their workouts every day. I had graduated from P90X and Insanity and was curious how FitnessBlender fare compared to those two programs. Had been wanting to attempt Chalean Xtreme but I cannot afford to buy multiple weights yet at the moment (only owning 2lbs and 8lbs dumbbells at the moment). So far I'm loving FitnessBlender...A LOT.

I did this 1000 cal workout two days ago. I wore an FT7 and burned 522 calories at the end of this workout. I'm only standing 5'2" and 107lbs so I guess that is why I am always at the lower end (or even out of the lower range LOL) when it comes to cals burned.

And I love their standing abs workout. I feel the burn even much more than Insanity Cardio Abs.
  • schebbie
    schebbie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've not worn a calorie counter but like you I'm 5'2'', but heavier. still don't think i got close to the 1000, probably around 650 or 700 highest. i just started doing a few of the P90X.. i think if that's your fitness level then you need to do much more to reach the 1000... but that just means you're super fit!!!!! go you! :D
  • ricograf
    Options
    Fitness Blender has a couple of 1000 calorie exercise programs! I have done one of them twice and didn't burn that many calories....probably due to my weight and level of effort...but it was a great workout and I burned about 750 calories. You only get out of these workouts what you put in. Are burpees painful and exhausting? Yes! Do I burn more calories when I do the burpees even though I hate them with a passion? Yes! There you go. It ain't fun. But for maximum results, you have to power through the exercises regardless. And yes, it hurts a LOT.