Wii games

Options
MrsWibbly
MrsWibbly Posts: 415 Member
So far I have Wii Fit Plus, Wii Sports & Wii Sports Resort and Biggest Loser.

I have found the Biggest Loser game really helpful. In fact before using it I had never bothered counting calories. Then I started and realised how eratic my eating was... 500 kcal some days and 3500 kcal on others! In fact it's why I ended up here - on MyFitnessPal - looking for a good online calorie counter.

Other than the Biggest Loser one of the best workouts for me is the Tennis game on Wii Sports (and Wii Sports Resort) and the jogging on Wii Fit Plus although I don't stationary jog as it suggests... I have a mini trampoline that I "jog" on!

The only thing I am not sure about is how to count calories for these? Currently I take the minutes done in a Biggest Loser workout and enter them on here as Aerobics, General.

Any one else recommend any good Wii games?

Replies

• RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Not sure about those games, I do wii sports bowling and boxing which are on this site and then the game 'Just Dance' I put under dancing;general until I can get a HRM in which I will add JD and go from there. Good luck on your journey to your goal and I hope someone else can give a better answer :) xoxo Bru
  • LoriLou67
    LoriLou67 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I wear a HRM, so that is my recommendation.

I enjoy the tennis too, as well as boxing. Cycling on Wii FitPlus is good too, not sure of the name.... You pedal around an island.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I love my EA Sports Active. I have both versions of it and it counts the calories for me. However, I have a heart rate monitor on order from amazon right now and that's the best way to go if you want an accurate count. Since I haven't started using it, I don't know how off from the estimates it'll be, but it's worth considering as an investment.
  • kimberly428
    kimberly428 Posts: 237
    Options
    hmmm, I found a Wii Tennis option on the exercise database. The others I haven't done....
  • Boopa
    Boopa Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have recently purchased and started using the EA Active, while there isn't a spot on the database, I have been entering what the game has told me every time I do it. I am currently working on the 30 day challenge. I can only assume its pretty accurate but don't have anything else to back it up. I have also played and enjoyed both the wii fit and wiifit plus, the jilliam michaels(something or other 2009) and now working towards getting the expansion for the active. I think they are a great way to kind of enjoying moving around.
  • MrsWibbly
    MrsWibbly Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Just went and had a quick look in the database! I searched for "Wii" and found several options. Think the bowling is a bit high!! Maybe I'll have a quick game of tennis tomorrow then!
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I just got 2 new games... Just Dance & Wii EA Sports Active. I am so happy with both. Just Dance is a fun way to do cardio & Wii EA Sports Active has great circuit training with a 30 challenge. Today is my off day according to the challenge calendar & I am so upset.... I miss it!!

As for calories burned... definitely invest in a HRM.