Polar HRM users

Options
Hi all! I use the Polar FT4 HRM and I'm having some issues with it. I've had it for about a year and a half now and just recently changed the batteries for the first time. I changed the battery in the watch part first and that seemed to do the trick, then I started getting sporadic readings from it or none at all, so I changed the battery in the chest strap too. It's still doing the same thing. It'll either show my HR being 200+ when it's actually around 120 or it won't pick up a HR at all. I used fresh batteries, I've made the chest strap tighter, and I follow all the other rules such as rinsing after use, occasional washing, and wetting the contacts before strapping it on. What gives!? Does this mean my $70+ purchase is just a piece of junk!? Any suggestions or ideas why this is happening?

Replies

• Kara1031
    Kara1031 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I replace my chest strap annually and that has always worked for me. Usually about$15 from amazon. I recently ran across a few of my old straps and threw in the washing machine on hand wash cycle and the seem to work again.
  • remaho80
    remaho80 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kara! I'll look into getting another chest strap.