**Here's what 20 POUNDS of FAT looks like **

Options
This is ACTUALLY just 5......but I like to share everytime I hit an additional 5 pounds.

Sometimes we really don't realize the impact that just 5 pounds has on our body....it's a major!!

SO, I'VE LOST **4 of these** as of TODAY!!! WHOOT WHOOT!!!...Basically like giving birth to 4 -- 5 pound babies!!!

AMAZING!!! :drinker: :drinker:

http://mtdh.ruralinstitute.umt.edu/images/Bernice.jpg

Replies

• amylynna1
    amylynna1 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    sick
  • mzmoonlight
    mzmoonlight Posts: 160
    Options
    You're right, we dont really think about the impact of losing pounds. I think we see down one pound and think because its just ONE pound or two or three that it doesnt make much difference but it does.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    This is ACTUALLY just 5......but I like to share everytime I hit an additional 5 pounds.

Sometimes we really don't realize the impact that just 5 pounds has on our body....it's a major!!

SO, I'VE LOST **4 of these** as of TODAY!!! WHOOT WHOOT!!!...Basically like giving birth to 4 -- 5 pound babies!!!

AMAZING!!! :drinker: :drinker:

Bernice.jpg

Amazing!
  • Rebecca__Lynn
    Rebecca__Lynn Posts: 114
    Options
    Oh wow...glad you did that...I have NO IDEA how to add the pic !!! lol Thanks!!!:flowerforyou:
  • fowlmeli1093
    fowlmeli1093 Posts: 199
    Options
    What exactly is she holding?
  • youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    WOW..I love when you remind me of this picture..and just think I am down 8 of them babies..so unreal..Thanks for the reminder..
  • Tatsu2010
    Tatsu2010 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good job colatyda89... thanks for sharing!
  • Rebecca__Lynn
    Rebecca__Lynn Posts: 114
    Options
    What exactly is she holding?
    [/

just a replica of a combined amount.....probably from a nutritionist office or something I'd say.
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    That really puts things into prospective now doesn't it??? ugh!!!
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    That's how I look at things too...every 5 lbs is a sack of potatoes...Way to rock girl!
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Here is what just one pound looks like.... YUCK!
    pop_largerview.asp?pn=WA7173&pnm=One+Pound+of+Fat+Replica&img=WA7173.jpg

Just checking to see if I can do this twice ;-)

Drat.
  • Awne
    Awne Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That's how I look at things too...every 5 lbs is a sack of potatoes...Way to rock girl!

Yeah imagine walking around all day carrying 4 sacks of potatoes on your back , Before I started here I lost 98lbs, thats almost the same as carrying my 23 year old daughter around with me all the time...and I wondered why my knees ached lol
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is great to see! I too have lost 4 of those as of today. Awesome!!
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Almost 5 of them gone for me! Yay! The other day I was trying to compare my weight loss to something. Like 5 - 5lb bags of sugar I was carrying around. Hard to imaging carrying that around all day.
  • sweetoblivion314
    Options
    It's hard to believe I have lost 9 of those so far in the past year. That's a lot of volume.
  • swilkie1961
    swilkie1961 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thanks... I don't realize even though I have only lost a little over 6 lbs in 2 months, that picture speaks volumn! Yak!!! Can't wait to get rid of 5 more of those...
  • georgette70
    georgette70 Posts: 158
    Options
    Wow....sure does make you think!! I've always compared by lbs. lost to a lb. of butter...i.e. If I've lost 5 lbs for example, I picture 5 lbs of butter stuck to my body that is now gone!!! I guess we all have our own ways of visualizing the weight loss....keep up the good work everyone!! :)

1061248.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options

Yeah imagine walking around all day carrying 4 sacks of potatoes on your back , Before I started here I lost 98lbs, thats almost the same as carrying my 23 year old daughter around with me all the time...and I wondered why my knees ached lol

Hey!! Im not 23 yet! Stop prematurely aging me!
  • aphroditespalace
    Options
    Your right, you forget how much it really is. Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!