Pot Luck at Work

Options
MrsE2010
MrsE2010 Posts: 63
I need an easy, quick, and cheap healthy recipe for a pot luck lunch at work tomorrow. Help! Any suggestions?

Replies

• pfwalker
    pfwalker Posts: 2
    Options
    7 Layer Dip - always gets me out of a jam.

Ingredients
    1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa 1 large tomato, chopped 1 green bell pepper, chopped 1 bunch chopped green onions 1 small head iceberg lettuce, shredded 1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
    Directions
    In a medium bowl, blend the taco seasoning mix and refried beans. Spread the mixture onto a large serving platter.
    Mix the sour cream and cream cheese in a medium bowl. Spread over the refried beans.
    Top the layers with salsa. Place a layer of tomato, green bell pepper, green onions and lettuce over the salsa, and top with Cheddar cheese. Garnish with black olives.

Nutritional Information
    Seven Layer Taco Dip
    Servings Per Recipe: 56

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 66

Total Fat: 4.9g
    Cholesterol: 13mg
    Sodium: 178mg
    Total Carbs: 3.5g
    Dietary Fiber: 0.9g
    Protein: 2.3g
    VIEW DETAILED NUTRITION

About: Nutrition Info

Powered by: ESHA Nutrient Database
  • MrsE2010
    Options
    Sounds awesome! Thanks.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Get 2 pounds of holey-smelly swiss cheese and a jar of brown mustard and a box of toothpicks.

Get a big plate and a small bowl - put the small bowl on the plate.

Cube the cheese into 1/2 inch cubes, stick a toothpick in each one, arrange them around the plate.

Put a good portion of the mustard in the bowl.

Watch it vanish,,, :drinker:
  • MrsE2010
    Options
    That's great too! I never think of the simple things. Thanks.
  • m619p
    m619p Posts: 7
    Options
    I make a pasta salad that's easy and tasty: Boil and drain corkscrew pasta or whatever type you chose, add Wishbone Lite Italian dressing to coat (or your dressing of preference). Add chopped green pepper, onion, black olives, broccoli, thinly sliced carrots -whatever else you'd like to add. Then I add grated fresh parmesan. It's very tasty and easy! I've also added chopped low-fat pepperoni for added flavor. If you let it sit til the next day the flavors get incorporated but may need to add a bit more dressing the next day to moisten the noodles.
  • MrsE2010
    Options
    I think I will try this at home. Sounds tasty.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Ok I’m probably too late, you’re getting ready to enjoy lunch really soon but for the future, I stick to Caesar salads for pot-lucks.

I already have the dressing, crotons are cheap, I don’t bring bacon for the vegetarians so the entire thing costs me about $2.00. I use Presidents Choice Blue Menu Dressing (that’s their low-fat line) and everyone has really commented on the dressing. They found they didn’t notice I did not specifically add Parmesan to the salad.
  • donsch
    donsch Posts: 40
    Options
    By using low fat cream cheese and low fat sour cream and fat free refreid beans you have a pretty healthy choice. It will be high in protein! buy baked chips and you have it made!
  • MrsE2010
    Options
    Hi all
    I ended up buying a fruit and cheese tray for the pot luck. I cheated I know but I'm glad I did because that was the only fruit. Thanks for all the input.:flowerforyou:
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    bump for later... thanks