Curious about p90x

Options
Can anyone tell me if this really works? I hear about it all the time and I am not even sure that my body is ready for it!! But I was curious if anyone has had success with it and if I will be able to handle it. Right now I try to walk four miles ever other day and do the elliptical on level 10 resistance for 30 minutes on the other days! Thanks!!

Replies

• DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Can anyone tell me if this really works? I hear about it all the time and I am not even sure that my body is ready for it!! But I was curious if anyone has had success with it and if I will be able to handle it. Right now I try to walk four miles ever other day and do the elliptical on level 10 resistance for 30 minutes on the other days! Thanks!!

It's a really good workout. I did a full 90 days of it and my husband has been doing it over a year. Weight loss?? not so much. Definition and toning, yeah, works great. That's our experience with it.

Just try to vary your workouts. Long, slow cardio is not the key to weight loss. Interval workouts work MUCH better. read this article:

http://thebodyfirm.biz/blog/index.php/2009/10/how-you-burn-fat-fast/
  • mmmpink
    mmmpink Posts: 25
    Options
    P90X is an awesome workout. It's intense and you'll get great results as long as you follow the nutrition plan as well.
  • msfeliz777
    msfeliz777 Posts: 1
    Options
    Completed P90X and lost 13lbs. It's a great program for definition & increasing strength.

I am planning on completing Insanity (also by Beach Body) to incorporate more cardio. Many people say these two programs work well together & complement each other.

Will let you know how it goes. Good luck!
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I was curious about P90X too and heard great things but wasn't sure that I was ready for it. So I ordered Power 90 and will start it as soon as I get it. Power 90 is not as intense and doesn't take as long. I figured I will try that first then move on to P90X ... I currently do the 30 shred and biggest loser boot camp. Good luck!!!
  • mworld
    mworld Posts: 270
    Options
    I do p90x and it is working really well for me. I would not recommend it onwards though unless you are already experienced with working out with dumbbells and pushups etc. P90 would be the right place to go to slim down and prepare...guy I know said even after p90 there is a p90 master's series that helped bridge the fitness gap.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    You'll get great results as long as you follow the nutrition plan as well.
    Not totally true; I'm in week 8 of P90X and I don't follow the nurtition guide; I saved money and bought the DVDs only. I do use MFP to help me stay within my daily calories and make healthier choices, and the days I do weights I make sure I get extra protein in the form of a shake right after the workout.

So far using MFP and P90X, I've lost 8 lbs, 2" off my waist, 1.5" off my thighs and 1" off my butt. It definitely works and the variety of workouts are great!
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Lost 66lbs, 26% (34% to 8%) bodyfat and went from a size 48 to 31 jean.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options

In one round, or multiple? 66lbs in 90 days seems unhealthy, and that far of a dip in body fat seems unrealistic for 90 days.
    Not saying its impossible, but it seems unlikely for the average person.
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the program... we are starting phase 3 (of the first round) of the program tonight and, so far, I have lost about 15 pounds on the program and my hubby lost about the same. I should say that our bodies are changing shape for sure...

http://p90xtremetraining.blogspot.com/ I just updated my blog with my hubby's results... the photos don't lie ;)

Good luck in your decision!
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Its the real deal as long as you do it like you are supposed too....but you need to change your lifestyle and eating habits to get the full results of any exercise program
  • BR1986FB
    Options

In one round, or multiple? 66lbs in 90 days seems unhealthy, and that far of a dip in body fat seems unrealistic for 90 days.

That was two rounds.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options

That was two rounds.

Dang, hats off to you for two rounds in a row!
  • BR1986FB
    Options

That was two rounds.

Dang, hats off to you for two rounds in a row!

I was 3 weeks into a 3rd when I thought I tore my left bicep doing pullups. Tried several times to restart round 3 and kept reinjuring it. I'm halfway through week 4 of round 3 and so far, so good although I tweaked the bi doing core syn on Sunday.

After this round I will do the first two weeks of Insanity as a "primer" for a P90X/Insanity hybrid which will follow immediately after the 2 weeks of Insanity.
  • JessicaFB
    JessicaFB Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Fantastic program!! After my first round of P90X, I was down 4% bodyfat and 13 lbs. I am currently halfway through my second round and am noticing a lot of muscle definition. I am a beachbody coach, so please feel free to contact me personally if you have any questions about the program or my experience with it.