"Carb sweats"?!

Options
So, you know how people get "meat sweats" when they eat a lot of meat... I get "carb sweats" when I eat too many carbs in one sitting. Anybody else?

Replies

• _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I just get sleepy, and sometimes my heart pumps harder after I eat too many carbs.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I get carb shakes, then a whooooole lot of tummy bloat.

I don't get meat sweats, though. And if I did, I figure it would be the body going "OH SNAP, SON! LET'S DIGEST SOME FLIPPIN BACON! AWWW YUSSSSS!"
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    first time i'm hearing of carb sweats or meat sweats
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    You can buy them in WalMart, with the rest of the exercise clothing.
  • OutsideCreativ
    OutsideCreativ Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I don't get meat sweats either... but here is a little blurb about them: "Regardless, it is hypothesized that the combination of increasing amounts of adrenaline and protein cause the body to increase in temperature and subsequently cause an eater to sweat... "

http://www.foodrepublic.com/2011/07/13/what-causes-meat-sweats

I've never heard of carb sweats prior to needing a word to experience what I was feeling either...
  • OutsideCreativ
    Options

Ha! Nice.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I sweat profusely when I increase my caloric intake, no matter what the macro layout is. If I go for a full on refeed, I feel like I am on fire for hours.
  • Yzfdude1
    Yzfdude1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My two cents, is that when you ingest a lot of carbs your body needs to make extra insulin to handle the glucose in the blood for transport and the like. If you have too much insulin you can get certain side effects.

From Webmd about insulin levels:
    "It doesn't matter how it happens. An insulin overdose always has the same effect: low blood sugar levels, or hypoglycemia. Symptoms of hypoglycemia include:

Anxiety
    Confusion
    Extreme hunger
    Fatigue
    Irritability
    Sweating or clammy skin
    Trembling hands"

http://diabetes.webmd.com/guide/how-deal-with-insulin-overdose-other-insulin-complications
  • Blakelynn3
    Blakelynn3 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I do too if I eat too many in one sitting. And my pulse skyrockets.
  • Heather1899
    Heather1899 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    When I eat lunch at work, I get very cold!!! I eat a big salad with either chicken or turkey and lots of veggies, and usually italian dressing. Why do I get cold? I figure it is because I am drinking lots of water that is cold...
  • OutsideCreativ
    Options
    Glad to know I'm not alone. I hadn't connected it to the insulin affects... makes sense.
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options

This is funny