Matcha tea

Options
Does anyone use this? What are your experiences with it ? How do you use it?

Replies

• AMYJK7110
    AMYJK7110 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I used to use it in my protein shakes. My son bought it for me as a gift while he was in China (yes, I realize it's a Japanese tea) but I had mentioned it one time and he remembered I wanted to try it, so he got it for me. I also used the matcha tea set to make tea (bowl and bamboo whisk) It's bitter so honestly sometimes I would add some honey to it.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    It's basically a powdered tea.

I haven't tried it myself just because it is incredibly expensive where I am.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Matcha powder + frozen blueberries + frozen banana + protein powder + a milk = heaven! :love:
  • mdigiac
    Options
    Is it worth it? Is the taste palatable? Aside from its antioxidant properties had it aided in weight loss?
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I bought some this week and it cost quite a lot so I hope I like it! I have a recipe I wanted to try which uses matcha tea powder and coconut milk to make ice cream.
  • mdigiac
    Options
    How much of it is used at one time?
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    It can taste quite bitter and "green" when consumed in the traditional tea preparation (some people say grassy, sort of like wheatgrass) but I have grown to love it. I can't say much for it's weight loss qualities because I believe that a reduced caloric intake and exercise are the only real weight loss 'aides' to be honest.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Is it worth it? Is the taste palatable? Aside from its antioxidant properties had it aided in weight loss?

It does not aid in weight loss besides giving you a temporary fuller feeling due to the increase of water.

It won't make you burn more fat.