get mad fun of

Options
I don't understand I am trying my best to do something good for myself and a certain person never seems to like it. Tonight I am on the treadmill and they stand there making fun of the way I am walking. I said get over here and you do it and all they did was make more fun. That really pisses me off or should I say it hurts my feelings. Seems anytime I try to look better I get mad fun of for doing it. Anyways I will continue to do my best for me not for anyone else. Well there is a few I want to be better for also. This is my rant for the night hope you all had a good day. I did have a good lost this week though I lost 3.2 pounds I am very happy about that.

Replies

• 40Marbles
    40Marbles Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    This is why we have middle fingers.

Do it for you and if others aren't supportive ignore them and keep going.
  • eowynmn
    eowynmn Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Is this your husband at home? Someone at the gym? Seriously, who does that? Oh I know, someone who is jealous. I'm guessing this other person is sitting on the couch?
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Punch em in the jaw.
  • cnewlin86
    Options
    Don't let someone else bring you down! When you are healthy and fit they will be wishing they had been there working with you instead of watching you work! Keep going and keep your head up! You are doing great!
  • SailorSarah311
    SailorSarah311 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Who cares what they think. Just say, "sticks and stones." As long as you feel healthy then that's all the matters. When you get mad it only fuels their fire. Ignore them.
  • preslyann50
    preslyann50 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Those are the people who are going to have something to say no matter what you do. So next time you see/hear them, flash them a smile and continue to do your thing. Your burning more calories "walking funny" than they are running their mouth.
  • Loftearmen
    Options
    Someone posted this on here a week or so ago:

"Finally, if I've learned one thing in the last 18 years that I'd say is of the utmost importance to impart upon other people, it's that you should give no fcking thought whatsoever to what other people are doing, and even less thought to what they think you're doing. Without question, that sounds pompous and solipsistic, but it's fcking true. People, by and large, go out of their fcking way to suck, and try hard to make you suck with them. They'll fight you tooth and nail on the latter, as they resent the *kitten* out of the fact that you excel, as it sets the bar that much higher and reminds them of their myriad inadequacies. Thus, insofar as lifting goes, ignore everyone around you and do what you want. It's a certainty that if they object it's out of fear or jealousy or a combination thereof, and it's even more likely that they've got no fcking clue what they're doing anyway. In short - fck everyone. Fight hard, fck hard, study hard, play hard, lift hard and generally be hard. Enjoy yourself, and be awesome. Everything else is bullsh!t." - Chaos & Pain, chaosandpain.blogspot.com/
  • Teaka94
    Options
    I would never make fun of anyone for working out. Whether it's walking, lifting or running, you're still beating those couch potatoes at home! Don't listen to those other people. Just stay in your mind set and don't acknowledge them. Or, if this happened at the gym, I would report them to whoever's in charge. That'll shut them up for sure!