Hello, I'm new here

Options
Hey everyone,
I found this sight accidentally by googling calories in different foods. I found myself coming back, so I decided I might as well join :). A little about myself: I'm 25, from Pennsylvania, I love animals (my guinea pigs are my babies!), and I have finally decided to get my body back. Almost my whole life, until a few years ago, I have been at a healthy weight. A combination of poor eating habits, sedentary lifestyle, and certain prescriptions have caused me to gain around 45 pounds. I have finally gotten to a place where I am ready to change my lifestyle, and get back to me. I hope to get to know people who will help motivate me in my goals, and make some friends. Hope to hear from you!

Replies

• jorgele
    jorgele Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm new too, feel free to add me.
  • Malaak1477
    Malaak1477 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new here too only joined a couple weeks ago.. feel free to add me as well. Best of Luck!! I am loving this site and making new friends in this process of losing weight and staying fit and healthy.
  • srenaea
    srenaea Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi,

My coworker told me about the site and I joined a month or so ago. I lost about 25 lbs about 3-4 years ago and they slowly crept back so here I am again trying to eat healthier and exercise. The side is easy to navigate and you can dowload the app to your phone if you have a smartphone.
  • hoofchick88
    Options
    I'm newish too...Started 1 1/2 weeks ago. I am working with a trainer who won't let me weigh myself. It's all good though. This site is awesome! It has helped me really get a hold of what I'm doing on a daily basis. I'm 43...kids, job all that stuff...Carbs have been my downfall, so I've given up sugar, white flour, nuts and spaghetti. I can feel a real difference in just this small amount of time. I am never hungry. All the lean protein, fruits and vegetables I can eat.
    Good luck! Just keep plugging and any movement is good movement!
  • ccckwalk
    ccckwalk Posts: 262
    Options
    MFP is an amazing website.That can help you get on track and get healthy!! There are amazing people here that support, motivate and inspire. Add as many of those positive people as you can and sweat and log, sweat and log, sweat and log!!!! I have been using MFP for over 2 years. I have reached my goal and am striving for more heart health and toning ( lets be honest who doesn't want to tone)
    I have met some very amazing people here, they keep me accountable and push me and I try to do the same for them!
    Feel free to add me! Good luck to all of you! Get sweating, eating healthy and never give up and you will reach your goals!!!! Have a great night
    ~Corina
  • lauren_3243
    lauren_3243 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Very nice to meet all of you :)
  • todayis4me
    todayis4me Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started using M F P last week, it is totally helping me get back to writing down every mouthful! I lost 78 pounds but stopped journaling and have maintained for last six months......looking forward to kicking up my weight loss again. Would love to have some friends!
  • CherV96
    Options
    Hi there! I would love to give/ get support. Feel free to add me as a friend!