is this difficult for anyone else?

Options
Is it just me or is it really hard to drink 8 glasses of water a day? I drink about 3 glasses a day and I pee A LOT, its annoying having to pee every 30-45 minutes. Does anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• navywendy00
    Options
    I'm horrible at drinking anything. I rarely drink the daily allowance.
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Yes lol. Now trying to do this and having a big old pregnant belly and no bladder it's 100 times worse. I just have I carry around a water bottle and sip all day rather then drinking big glasses at once. Seems to help lol...
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Up and down at work all day like a yoyo, just think of all those trips to the bathroom as burning more calories :smile:
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    The glasses we have in our cupboards are often two or three times the glass (actually cup, 8 oz) they mean when they say to drink eight... Maybe that's it? :) I don't have an issue with it, but I've been doing it a long time. You do get used to it!
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    It used to be hard for me to remember to drink it. My son bought me this huge water bottle and I never go anywhere without it. I fill it up about 3 times.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    I drink about 8 liters (32 cups) of water a day in addition to a few diet sodas and a cup or two of coffee or tea. I would die on three cups of water a day. I drink that much within an hour of waking up.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    the only problem for me is that i always have to wake up and pee in the middle of the night. I always have a glass of ice water with me- on my desk, at home in the kitchen, even in the bathtub and next to my bed. I get a little panicky when my glass runs out and i am too busy to refill.

i probably drink too much
  • KittyViolet
    KittyViolet Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Nope. I just get used to it. I was the office gag when I had my desk job because you'd find me in the bathroom more often than at my desk! :P I love water anyway. Plus, I don't really drink anything else besides almond milk, so my options are extremely limited. Not that I mind. :)
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I have difficulty stopping drinking so im often up 3 times during the night having to pee. But if I drink less than 3 litres, i get swollen ankles, retain water and my aerobic and lifting capabilities decrease. The peeing is worth it.
  • KittyViolet
    KittyViolet Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    It used to be hard for me to remember to drink it. My son bought me this huge water bottle and I never go anywhere without it. I fill it up about 3 times.

I think this can help a lot. A really big bottle makes it easier because you won't have to run around as often to refill it. I used to carry around one of those massive 2 liter Naya water bottles in college and I'd easily have to refill it at least twice in one day.
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Everyone has difficulty drinking that much water because it's unnatural...and also a myth. Google it...you'll see.:smile:
  • Beautifulsoull
    Options
    Its really not that hard for me anymore. Once you workout and move around more your body is needing the water esp. after a nice workout. The earlier you start your day with water the more your able to get in. And for the peeing every 30mins, I would rather get up and pee then drink something bad for me and not get in enough water. I see it as the more you get up the more chances you get to burn extra calories.

TIP: Get a liter bottled jug or a gallon jug and just keep it next to you and take it with you when you have to go somewhere. That keeps you from buying a soda or other drinks.
  • Jimmygymgym
    Jimmygymgym Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You get used to it. And if you replace most of your other beverages with water, it's not that hard. Remember, don't drink your calories.

Most glasses people use are 12 - 16 oz. Two 12 oz glasses are the same as 3 cups. I drink that much after a workout!

And if you don't drink anything for a few hours before bed, you probably won't have to get up in the middle of the night to pee. That's what worked for me.
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Drinking plenty of water has never been a problem for me, and I don't drink it just because you are "supposed" to...it's pretty much all I drink. I don't understand how people can't drink it...I could never survive on just 3 glasses a day!
  • carriann2012
    carriann2012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I was not the best water drinker in the begning...but you will get use to it!! I drink water all day and through the night and my skin looks so much better and it is pretty easy to do since I know it is the best thing for my body and helps with the weight loss. Good Luck you can do it!! :smile:
  • Camille_94
    Camille_94 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Oh thats true, I probably would drink more If I had water with every meal. Ill try that, thanks :)
  • Chrissy292018
    Chrissy292018 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    They recommend 8 glasses but if you talk with your doctor they may suggest a different amount. I drink about three glasses a day too.
  • ShmareParks
    ShmareParks Posts: 88 Member
    Options
  • Lindaj107
    Options
    Keep going, give it a few weeks, your body will adjust to the amount of water you drink and won't need to run to the restroom so much.