Measurements!

Options
aippolito1
aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
So I had some gains & increases in measurements last month due to water weight and my plateau...but I am BACK on the losing TRACK! haha I'm in a weird mood, I had to. :happy: So here we are...starting March, and then including today. (Not going to show you last month's, sillies!)

March 23, '10 -
Body Fat 30.5%
BMI 29.1
Chest 39"
Waist 33"
Abs 38 1/2"
Hips 45 1/2"
Thighs 25" each
Calves L 15 1/2" R 16"
Arms 13" each

Today! -
Body Fat 29.3%
BMI 27.9
Chest 39" (same)
Waist 32"
Abs 37 1/2"
Hips 45"
Thighs 24 1/2" each
Calves L 15 1/4" R 15 1/2"
Arms 13 1/2" each (not sure why they got flabbier! It's not muscle, promise)

I'm currently working on revamping my whole workout process. I'm going to be doing cardio 30 mins twice a day (right now I'm only doing 20-30 minutes once every other day - I stopped doing cardio after strength this past week just due to laziness) and am going to continue incorporating new moves into my strength routine to keep my muscles guessing!! I'm really excited. I'm already doing well losing actual fat but I want to get better. When I first got measured in February, my body fat was 32.3% so I'm doing pretty well, I think, for not having a lot to lose!

Reading the "last 10 lbs" thread yesterday really helped, seeing what everybody is doing to vamp up their workouts and lose the last 5, 10, or 15, so thanks everybody who's in there!! I hope to join you soon!!

Replies

• becky123456
    becky123456 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    That is so great! I love to hear about your progress..
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I always thought body fat and BMI #s would be the same, but I am always learning, so I'll go with the new info.

I love measuring when my weight is staying the same--if I find a slight loss of waist, abdomen, or hips, it keeps me going until the scale starts moving lower again. ;) In the interest of time, I will just share my weights in the past few months:
    - I started losing in Feb: Weight: 179.8
    - I lost to 169 lbs by the time I started on this site in early March.
    - Current: Weight: 154
    That is about 15 lbs in the 13 weeks since I started at this site--my goal is 1 lb per week, so I am following it pretty well.

It is a good feeling knowing that so many of us are in the same position: wanting to make ourselves healthier and teaching ourselves new ways of living (for the rest of a good loooong life. ;)

Have fun measuring, finding good foods, having fun with friends, and enjoying life! :drinker:
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You're doing great!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I always thought body fat and BMI #s would be the same, but I am always learning, so I'll go with the new info.

I love measuring when my weight is staying the same--if I find a slight loss of waist, abdomen, or hips, it keeps me going until the scale starts moving lower again. ;) In the interest of time, I will just share my weights in the past few months:
    - I started losing in Feb: Weight: 179.8
    - I lost to 169 lbs by the time I started on this site in early March.
    - Current: Weight: 154
    That is about 15 lbs in the 13 weeks since I started at this site--my goal is 1 lb per week, so I am following it pretty well.

It is a good feeling knowing that so many of us are in the same position: wanting to make ourselves healthier and teaching ourselves new ways of living (for the rest of a good loooong life. ;)

Have fun measuring, finding good foods, having fun with friends, and enjoying life! :drinker:

That's great! You're doing very well, then! :happy: I've been on this lifestyle change since about December 30 and have lost 19 lbs total... I lost 12 lbs in 2 weeks and then the rest about 1 lb per week.

Yeah, body fat % is just how much fat you have in your body, whereas the BMI is your total mass, including bones, water, muscle, fat.
  • ACarp24
    ACarp24 Posts: 90
    Options
    I need to do mine again, haven't in about a month! Congrats on the loss of inches, It feels great to visually see how far you have come!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!