Looking for new fitness pals especially those with PCOS

Options
LisaJayne71
LisaJayne71 Posts: 197 Member
Hi there, I've just downloaded the application for my i-phone and am using it online too.
I'm really keen to make some new friends on here so we can encourage each other and trade ideas, especially those of you who have PCOS! You know how frustrating this disease is and hard it is to lose weight when you have it!!
I'm a 38 yr old English woman but I live in the Middle East (Bahrain) at the moment and have lived here for 18 months.

I feel like my weight is getting out of control and I am hoping that tracking it on here and with the help and support of new friends will help.
I have had PCOS since I was 15 yrs old but was not diagnosed until I was 30... years of being told by GP's that there was nothing wrong with me even though I was complaining of all the classic symptoms of PCOS until a beautician told me I had what sounded like PCOS... I'm sure it's a familiar story to many!
I've spent the last 23 yrs battling with my weight and I feel like I'm starting to lose the battle just that bit too much at the moment, which is why I am here!

Look forwards to making some great friends here and supporting each other!

Lisa

Replies

• Reign
    Reign Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS as well. Feel free to add me as a support friend!
  • deedleedee
    deedleedee Posts: 21
    Options
    I also have PCOS and it can be an extremely lonely, long road. Please feel free to add me ladies, let's motivate each other! =)
  • grrl77
    grrl77 Posts: 108
    Options
    Hi there :) My name's Jenn, and I was diagnosed with PCOS about five or six years ago. I've been at it a month or so, in my new weight loss/lifestyle change journey, and I've lost 9.1 lbs so far. Would love to have you add me as a friend, if you'd like. :) I know how frustrating it can be.
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Hey there!
    I have PCOS...Endometriosis and Adenomyosis. That's just the female disease and not my other issues. I understand the pain, frustrations, mood swings and all. :) Feel free to add me if you want!!
  • Live_Aloha
    Live_Aloha Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa,

I have PCOS as well and am new to this wonderful site/community. I'd love to be your friend and support you on your journey to better health! Please feel free to add me :) I do believe weight is a huge factor in causing my irregular cycle. Case in point, after losing 55 pounds last year, my cycle became regular...I have since gained 25 pounds & had a miscarriage, and am trying to get rid of the extra pounds and get my cycle back on track.

Good luck to you & the rest of us on this journey :)
    Kalena