Trouble Meeting Calorie Goals

Options
I just upped my cals by a pretty substantial amount and I can see I'm going to have trouble with this. Is anyone who is eating 1700 cals a day willing to let me see their diaries for ideas please? :smile:

Replies

• rrcole29
    rrcole29 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem. I read on a post here on the same subject to listen to your body. Not an expert but that seems to make sense to me. Why stuff yourself with high calorie foods just to make a calorie goal.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I just upped my cals by a pretty substantial amount

you might want to change your calorie goals gradually. Sudden changes in calorie consumption can cause upset stomach, water retention, etc. Maybe up your goal by 100-200 per week?
  • lizzyb83
    lizzyb83 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I agree with starting slowly. Feel free to check out my food diary. I honestly don't always make the best choices lol but you can get some ideas! Adding little things with each meal will probably be easiest for you! Like flax or chia seeds, avocados, coconut oil, nuts. Those are all filling, healthy, and great calorie boosters!
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Some of my favourite snacks is a big bowl of yogurt with frozen raspberries, apples (could dip it in peanut butter), popcorn. Chicken with pasta is yummy. I have no issues reaching my 1800 cals a day!
  • gennafer731
    gennafer731 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I found the easiest way to up my calories was just to add another small meal rather than trying to add more calories to 3 meals. So I changed my diary to breakfast, lunch, supper, dinner, snacks. So I have my regular meals and add in a sandwich and some pretzels sometime mid day.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I'm set at 1800 a day and have no issues meeting that goal (and then some the past few days!). Diary is open.

Edited to add: The past few days aren't typical for me, and somewhere in the past couple of weeks are several low days when I was sick and didn't eat the way I usually do. But I log everything, so you can see it all. :tongue: And even through these days of being over, polishing off Valentine's chocolates and the like, I manage to not "ruin my progress" or "undo all my hard work", it's just part of life and fits into my goals. :smile:
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1700 at the moment but will probably up them again very soon.
  • FitBlackChick
    FitBlackChick Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas guys :)