Daily Food Menus

Options
reneegez
reneegez Posts: 13 Member
Does anyone have any menus they could share on what to eat for a day and stay at 1200 calories? Is there any websites....does this website have it and I just not know about it?
Thanks!
Renee
<><

Replies

• Families_R_Forever
    Options
    Well you can look at other people food diaries if they have it set to share, but they will not necessarily be 1200 cal goal. But it is kinda nice to get some ideas on different foods that are out there.
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    What I did (and still do) is look at some of my friend's diaries on MFP to get an idea of what they are eating.

It also helps if you can plan your day/week ahead of time (Ex: I know the in-laws will be in town on Thursday so we will probably be going out to eat so I should try to save calories if I can)
  • imdamom
    imdamom Posts: 42
    Options
    You can try someplace like Sparkpeople.com.
  • pattybond1234
    pattybond1234 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Just Google "1200 calorie diet." You'll get tons of hits which, in turn, will lead you to a lot of good information. My health insurance has a wellness page on their website where I get a lot of good information. And, your local library can be a resource, too. I get books there on healthy eating, fitness, wellness and cookbooks, too. My library has a website where I am able to do my searching and then reserve the books that I want to check out. Best wishes on your new healthier journey!
  • aawh
    aawh Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Someone put a link to this site in a previous post about meal plans:

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_menus/menus_meal_plans

Under '28 Day Meal Plans' pick from Weight Loss, Vegetarian, Diabetic, Heart Health etc. and then choose from 1200, 1500 or I think 1800 calories a day.

There are lots of good ideas and variation, but I don't think they give you any other nutritional info than calories, unless it is one of their recipes.