New and would like some buddies to help stay motivated

Options
HI! I just joined MFP and would like some buddies to help on this journey.
I'm 43, (not sure how I got to be this old! I still feel 20.) Weigh 177 currently.
I'd like to lose another 30 or 40 pounds.

I'm not new to dieting, , though this is the first time I've been counting calories.
I've mostly followed low carb plans, starting with Atkins way back when. I'm
enjoying logging and looking for others who like the same. :)

Please feel free to add me as a friend.

Thanks!

Replies

• DexterDarko
    Options
    Welcome :)

Having supporters and supporting them is a great feeling and motivation, good choice.
  • Dalucy495
    Dalucy495 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Nowimreadytos. :) I really like it here so far. :)
  • ikudbne12
    ikudbne12 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hey there...welcome. I am in basically the same boat... 42/176 lbs. I can say this program has been quite easy to keep track of almost everything we need to get in shape... been trying the lower carb route...didn't realise so many items were so carb laden!! Even veggies add to the daily totals! Send me a message if you wanna chat! :)
  • Dalucy495
    Dalucy495 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you Ikudbne12 :) I know what you mean. Carbs are in almost everything. Will do. :)
  • Torgrills
    Torgrills Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    We're pretty close in goals. I'm 35, currently somewhere around 180 (I don't weigh often because I have an unhealthy obsession with the scale), and am aiming for 140, eating protein, complex carbohydrates, fruits, vegetables, and exercising. Welcome!
  • freindsofmine
    freindsofmine Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome .I will add you .
  • terrimccrery
    terrimccrery Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I welcome all new friends!!!!!

:)
  • claireregina
    claireregina Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too, new to MFP. I am 45, 5'5" and 171 lbs. Not new to this dieting thing either. My goal weight is 140 lbs., which is a good weight for me. I just need to actually do this for it to work. I keep looking for the "easy" way, and there is no easy way. I also struggle with my husband, b/c he is overweight also but is ok with it. And, he doesn't eat healthy, no fruits or veggies. I love him to death, but I need to do this for me.
  • Angeloftheshore
    Angeloftheshore Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Sent you a friend request!