Ok tell me the truth...

Options
I work out every day. Literally...I do SOMETHING...every day. Of course, some days are heavier than others. Some days I do both strength and cardio...some days just strength, some just cardio. This week I did 3 strength and 3 cardio....is it bad if I do nothing today but rest? I feel guilty! I should do something light at least right? Maybe a EA Wii workout or maybe just use today to get my exercise through a good housecleaning?

Replies

• Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    You've worked out 6 times this week. One day won't kill you. Take a break.
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Your body would probably benefit from the rest.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I agree! Take a break. You definitely deserve it! Pamper yourself.
  • mrsw510
    mrsw510 Posts: 169
    Options
    no not at all, every body needs rest. Yesterday I could barely get through a workout I had no problem with 40 lbs ago. I decided today needed to be a rest day.
  • elizamary77
    elizamary77 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    A rest day is needed, take it. maybe stretch ur body out really good for 30-40 min. Or less time too, but rest days are just as important as workouts.
  • Denyalle
    Denyalle Posts: 2
    Options
    It is actually bad for your body to work out every single day. You should take at least one day of rest, sometimes maybe two. I agree it makes me feel guilty that I don't work out every day, but you don't want to over exert your body either as that would achieve the opposite effect that you want.
  • msciccone1
    msciccone1 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I work out 6 days a week and besides going out for a walk I take the 7th off. Your body needs to recover at least for a day.
  • tairui2009
    tairui2009 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Always listen to your body, if you're tired ~ then rest! It's ok to take time off, it actually helps the muscles heal and get stronger.. :)
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Everyone should have a break now and then! I make sure to have one rest day at least per week. But, if you just feel super guilty do a really light workout.. maybe walking or something. But I bet your body would really thank you for a rest day!
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Well...how bad does your house need cleaning....lol just joking take today off of exercise and stay within your calori count and have a nice day. Even God rested on the seventh:laugh:
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Take the day off!

I must say I am impresed with how realisitic your goals are.

Much more attainable than some I see posted here.
  • jdejre_k
    jdejre_k Posts: 54
    Options
    Hello!

You are actually supposed to take a "rest day" every 2 - 3 days. The body uses this time to repair the muscles that were used, which is what burns calories AND builds new muscle! If you work the muscles every day, you may lose these wonderful benefits.

"Rest days" are good for the body and the soul... enjoy them!
  • allykat8
    allykat8 Posts: 237
    Options
    REST!!!!

You should always give your body AT LEAST 1 day a week to recover and rest. Do not feel guility. By working out everyday, you risk overtraining, injury, etc.
  • fiendiish
    fiendiish Posts: 186
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'll rest. You guys have no idea how much you have helped relieve the guilt. :)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I work out 6 days a week and rest on the 7th (not necessarily, it used to be Friday, but I may make it Sunday or Monday). Last week I did some intense strength routines and had 2 rest days. I really think my body needed it!!
    Hello!

You are actually supposed to take a "rest day" every 2 - 3 days. The body uses this time to repair the muscles that were used, which is what burns calories AND builds new muscle! If you work the muscles every day, you may lose these wonderful benefits.

"Rest days" are good for the body and the soul... enjoy them!

This only pertains to weight lifting. You can safely do cardio everyday without rest. Unless you're doing seriously a LOT of cardio everyday, you don't need to rest from cardio.
  • becky123456
    becky123456 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Worked out 6 days this week? - that's impressive! I would have passed out long before now!
  • canstey
    canstey Posts: 118
    Options
    Sometimes the best exercise is sleep.
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your day off, girlfriend! Relax knowing you earned it and then some! Save the guilt for when you really do something wrong :tongue:
    Risa
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    If you have EA Active, for the WII, then you know that Bob Greene, from it, recommends that you give your body a rest after every two days of good workouts.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Missing a day is fine! Relax and enjoy!