'Weak-ends'

Options
Calling all Pals!!!!
I need help! I do so well with diet and excersise during the week because I am incredibly busy and have a set routine that I really stick to! But damn those weekends come and I literally have nothing to do and I am left alone with my own vices. Meaning I sit and watch TV all day and eat, eat, eat. I used to go shopping but I am so between sizes and my body is changing I hate buying new clothes. I need "realistic suggestions". What do ya'll do to pass the time?

Replies

• tstancom
    tstancom Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    If you like shopping, why don't you go shopping for shoes and accessories? Your feet aren't changing sizes. On weekends, I do my regular workouts, and I read books and sometimes go for walks with friends. I find the TV gives me the munchies. But for shopping, honestly, I like to go out and walk around and just look at stuff that I might get when I hit my goal weight, and the extra walking can't hurt, right?
  • dogpeeps
    dogpeeps Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have rediscovered early morning walking in local mall. One it gets me moving. Two it starts my day early so I can get things done. Walking briskly in the morning sets the tone for the day. I find it extremely motivating to stay in motion as much as possible. Window shopping in peace has it's benefits too.

Weekends are challenging for sure and I have to fight to overcome the undoing of the week too. Together we can do this. :)
  • labellecanuck
    labellecanuck Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Put on some music and go for leisurely walks around the neighbourhood. Call up your friends and go shopping with them for clothes. If you're gonna sit around and watch TV, pre-plan and separate your snacks for the day, that way you're not just mindlessly empyting a bag of chips or whatever.
  • Saaaam42
    Saaaam42 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I always mess up on weekends too. I like to go for a tan (spray tan!) on Saturdays, so I'll kill a lot of time in the bathtub beforehand scrubbing and getting my skin prepped.
    I like to paint my nails too, keeps the hands busy.
    It's been soo cold here but when it's not -40 I go for a walk and play Zombies, Run!
    Other then that, I go visit my mom or my friends. Go shopping for stuff for my house - curtains, shelves, vases, pillows.
  • eandrsmom
    Options
    If you like shopping, why don't you go shopping for shoes and accessories? Your feet aren't changing sizes.

Word of caution on shoe shopping....my shoe size has actually gone down too! I am sure it depends on how much you have lost/have left to lose. Personally, I have to get new running shoes because mine all but slip off when I do a TRX workout. I like the walking idea. And if all else fails, clean something!
  • alitap
    alitap Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    oh i totally know what you mean..my weekends are nasty as well but heres what i do to help myself

1) i start my sat/sun exercising, so even if i end up ditching my diet, i dont feel guilty of eating cos i think it balanced off
    2) if i know i binged on the weekends, i take extra precaution in what i eat on the weekdays, usually keeping the calories really low, as its easier to watch your diet on the weekdays
    3) i indulge in time-consuming activites, like watching a movie at the cinema (without popcorns and nachos) or just simply SLEEP my day away ;)
  • S0nsh1ne
    S0nsh1ne Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I gain a lb or 2 over the weekend and then spend days trying to get it back off. It's just yo-yoing instead of steady loss.
  • beckimj
    beckimj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I try different workouts, check out local activities in town that don't revolve around food, and work a part time job :)
  • dolphinswimmer15
    Options
    I spend my weekends taking walks with my rat terrier, and logging every bit of food. That way even if I don't actually exercise, I don't overeat.
  • carissa317
    Options
    Thanks all! All the info is incredibly helpful!
  • Bunnaliqua
    Bunnaliqua Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love doing arts and crafts. I also set walking dates with friends. It's better than going for lunch or coffee!