I have 20lbs left! but it won't budge!

Options
I started 3 years ago, and have lost 70+ lbs. My goal and bmi recommendation is in the low 130s, I'm presently 147.
I had to really fight to get below 150. I eat 1390 tops most days. Ill cycle my calories and have (for example) 1200 mon 1300 tues 1400 wed 1200 thur... etc.
I don't work out much, full time cosmetology student, on my feet all week. I drink only water, coffee is rare. Limited sugar, little processed goods, and healthy carbs. dropped caffeine. I sleep
At least 7 hours a night... just struggling and don't know what to do.

Replies

• tabby317
    Options
    do you chew alot of gum or eat tic tacs i know that sounds silly, but that is the only thing that stopped my friend from losing her last 10lbs. while she was at the dr.s office the dr. was watching her pop tic tacs like candy after her third one he said do you always pop those like that and she didnt even know she was doing it so she let go of the tic tacs and the gum and she lost 12 lbs.
  • Inkybit
    Inkybit Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    do you chew alot of gum or eat tic tacs i know that sounds silly, but that is the only thing that stopped my friend from losing her last 10lbs. while she was at the dr.s office the dr. was watching her pop tic tacs like candy after her third one he said do you always pop those like that and she didnt even know she was doing it so she let go of the tic tacs and the gum and she lost 12 lbs.
    No tick tacs, cant chew gun it hurts my jaw. Cant do artificial sweetners, so no aspartame even (love stevia or real sugar)
  • daniellealys
    daniellealys Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    stick to meat, vegies and fruit and that last 20lbs will melt off :D NO SUGAR or substitutes.
  • Inkybit
    Options
    stick to meat, vegies and fruit and that last 20lbs will melt off :D NO SUGAR or substitutes.
    Thought low carb might be last answer. I get activity, not outside bad neighborhod, but I walk a lot.
    Just am so close its driving me nuts!!!
  • daniellealys
    daniellealys Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Thought low carb might be last answer. I get activity, not outside bad neighborhod, but I walk a lot.
    Get your carbs from fruits! like an apple with almond butter once a day; thats what helps me get through it. I eat paleo not really low carb. Have you heard of whole 30? You can loose 10lbs or more in a month doing whole 30. And its such an easy way to eat!! And I am NEVER hungry :D I dont feel weak at all. I am on day 7 (my second whole 30 this year!) and I feel great. not hungry or tired. I still do my normal workouts, etc. Energy isnt a problem. It will totally help reset your cravings too. I used to be a psycho sweet eater and binge. Whole 30 has reversed this for me!
  • earlswimsuit
    Options
    Eat more calories (mostly foods that speed up your metabolism, like chillis, green tea etc etc) and start working out at home in your spare time...just 30 minutes of high intensity if you can fit that in?
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    if you're on your feet all day, you _MIGHT_ not be eating enough. Do you know your BMR and TDEE numbers? I'm at 155 and my BMR is 1450. There's a lot of people here who would tell you to never eat less than your BMR -- especially if you're not extremely overweight -- since your body will tend to start holding onto every little fat cell it can and not let you lose any more weight.
  • Inkybit
    Options
    stick. Mo meat, vegies and fruit and that last 20lbs will melt off :D NO SUGAR or substitutes.
    Get your carbs from fruits! like an apple with almond butter once a day; thats what helps me get through it. I eat paleo not really low carb. Have you heard of whole 30? You can loose 10lbs or more in a month doing whole 30. And its such an easy way to eat!! And I am NEVER hungry :D I dont feel weak at all. I am on day 7 (my second whole 30 this year!) and I feel great. not hungry or tired. I still do my normal workouts, etc. Energy isnt a problem. It will totally help reset your cravings too. I used to be a psycho sweet eater and binge. Whole 30 has reversed this for me!
    Have not heard of whole 30. I don't have a lot of cravings genetally, I rarely even get hungry. I eat 6 times a day.
    Will put the fiber one english muffins, and tortillas in freezer for a while.
  • Inkybit
    Options
    if you're on your feet all day, you _MIGHT_ not be eating enough. Do you know your BMR and TDEE numbers? I'm at 155 and my BMR is 1450. There's a lot of people here who would tell you to never eat less than your BMR -- especially if you're not extremely overweight -- since your body will tend to start holding onto every little fat cell it can and not let you lose any more weight.
    I looked it up, but forget what it was.
    I'm 5'2" 147 24y/o
    I do pretty consistently eat under 1390, I set aside days to cycle over because I just don't eat much anymore.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I know how schedule can get in your way. The last few pounds are always the hardest .. this is because as you near your ideal weight range, the amount of calories required for maintenance of weight decreases. Increase in activity is your best bet. I know it is hard. Add walking when you have a chance or other physical activity. My bet is that this is your missing link. Best wishes on attaining that goal.
  • maryannville
    maryannville Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I was stuck at 147.5 for 2 weeks and talked to a nutritionist... if 130's are your goal numbers so are mine!! They told me to just be drastic temporarily. Eat no more than 24 sugars a day, and eat 30-60 carbs a day and keep the exercise to 30 minutes at a time... no super hard workouts. try to keep fat below 30... even if you eat less than 1200 calories and you're not hungry it is ok. This is only what they told me and it got me to 143 where I have not been in YEARS. Once you get to the goal, then you can add in the carbs like whole grains and oatmeal etc and maybe another fruit. You can eat chicken if you get hungry. I'm not saying it is for everyone but it is working for me. It is only temporary. I am great at maintaining.... but not god at losing... so if i can lose this way, then maintain once I get to the goal weight I think that would be great! :) Again, this is something I am trying... not sure if it will work for everyone. Thanks for listening :)
  • Inkybit
    Options
    I know how schedule can get in your way. The last few pounds are always the hardest .. this is because as you near your ideal weight range, the amount of calories required for maintenance of weight decreases. Increase in activity is your best bet. I know it is hard. Add walking when you have a chance or other physical activity. My bet is that this is your missing link. Best wishes on attaining that goal.
    I'm going to start jogging in a few weeks. Was Assaulted in my neighborhood so I don't go jogging anymore.
  • nins11065
    nins11065 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You may want to try lifting weight to lose the last pounds as you get tone. Also you may want to try the Atkins approach for a couple of week; mainly protein and selected vegies and strawberries. That will take care of the rest. I will be doing that starting tomorrow. let me know if you want to know the results.
    Nins11065
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/ you can check out this calculator. According to the numbers I plugged in for you, you might want to eat a little more.
  • 91lowharley
    91lowharley Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! I've lost 63 lbs in a year. It'll be a year at the end of March. My original goal was to be at 140 but I know I can do better. If I lose 20 lbs more I would weigh 130 =) . I'm stuck and it's starting to bug me. I doubt if I lose 20 in 6 wks. but I would like to start loosing again. I do zumba on Mondays, Wednesday and sometimes Saturdays. I walk/hike Tuesdays and Thursdays for an hour and I do Jillian Michaels Backside 3 or 4 times a week which is 40 minutes. I will also add 15 minutes to that of her fat metabolism (kicking cardio). What else can I do? Starting was 211 and I'm now at 150 as of yesterday I've gained 2lbs. (sodium).
  • CoachJameyJ
    Options
    Do you eat breakfast? kick starts your metabolism and keeps you burning those cals. Also, sleeping patterns can negatively effect your weight loss. Making sure you get a good nights rest is a crucial part fo sho.
    Alcohol can play a huge role aswell. If you do have the occasional beverage, try without for 6 months.
    Hope this helps and good luck :)

Jamey
  • Inkybit
    Options
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/ you can check out this calculator. According to the numbers I plugged in for you, you might want to eat a little more.
    I was eating more and I was flailing at 151-155 for 6 months. I just shimmied under. 150 last month
  • maggs155
    maggs155 Posts: 258
    Options
    I would do the walking i think its the best way to drop weight fast. At least it is for me i was dropping fast with walking then i started doing a different exercise and i slowed down when i picked my walking back up i started dropping weight fast again! Good luck i know its hard to get that last bit off but u can do it:)
  • Inkybit
    Options
    Do you eat breakfast? kick starts your metabolism and keeps you burning those cals. Also, sleeping patterns can negatively effect your weight loss. Making sure you get a good nights rest is a crucial part fo sho.
    Alcohol can play a huge role aswell. If you do have the occasional beverage, try without for 6 months.
    Hope this helps and good luck :)

Jamey
    Up at 9am in morning, home from class at 10pm bed at 1am. I eat a fiber one english muffin, 1 egg white, a slice of low fat ham, and 1tbs cream cheese. I always eat b-fast.
  • CoachJameyJ
    Options
    Forgot to mention the H2O. Imperative. I'm sure you're probably drinking 8 or more glasses a day but I had to include this.

Jamey