Rants and Raves

Options
I need to blow off steam and there is nobody awake for me to complain to :) You may also take this as some sound anti-celulite advise if you so choose:

Banana Chips (more specifically those which are sweetened) are NOT a good snack choice if you plan on eating enough to make a difference. Fruit? Yes. High in calories? Also yes. I learned this the hard way tonight.

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    This is the mildest rant I've ever seen. C'mon.....you've got some more in there! Let'er rip!
  • patrickkelly69
    Options
    what were you expecting the chips to do ????
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hey, everything's fine in moderation. I think they're delicious. Just probably not the greatest choice for a bulk snack, hahah. Fresh is always better!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Those are good in trail mix. Yum. Also, cooked into oatmeal they're pretty tasty too. Some of them are fried in hydrogenated oils, though, so read the ingredients before you buy.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Hey, everything's fine in moderation. I think they're delicious. Just probably not the greatest choice for a bulk snack, hahah. Fresh is always better!

Yeah, banana chips are delicious because they're deep fried, lol.
  • mikelindo
    mikelindo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Oh, I"m sure we all have some serious orations we could pull from memory, but typically we know when we're binging on something unhealthy.

It's the times that we're surprise attacked by this kind of crap that really irks me.

...like the time I ate the Caesar Salad at Carrabbas...
  • Sboobs96
    Options
    Honestly, I find banana chips disgusting. I make dehydrated bananas and they taste sooooo much better and they are not deep fried.
  • mikelindo
    mikelindo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I find banana chips disgusting. I make dehydrated bananas and they taste sooooo much better and they are not deep fried.

Do you have any suggestions for a food dehydrator? I've been looking around for one... dehydrated pears make me happy.