Tummy and Thigh Toners

Options
Hi,

My biggest problem areas are my tummy and thighs. Anybody have some good ideas on exercise to help tone the problem areas?

Thanks!

Replies

• Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    SQUATS! and eat right.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Putting down the fork.

Seriously.

You need to shed the body fat in those areas. That happens with a good diet, not exercise.
  • coffeebrown5
    coffeebrown5 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Those too are my trouble areas. Squats are good and painful tummy I'm trying hip hop abs I heard works great. Good luck!
  • jppd47
    jppd47 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    You can't pick where the fat comes off. Eat a deficit and it will shed.

If you want to increase muscle mass the eat a surplus and do heavy barbell squats, deadlifts, etc

Even eating a deficit I would still hit the weights, it will minimize the about of muscle that you lose.
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    My PT told me that tone = a combination of a low body fat percentage and muscle mass.

Right now I have good muscle mass but I need to shrink a little in body fat so that I can show more definition.

I would suggest abdominal crunches, leg raises, bridges, leg press, leg curl, leg extension.

But keeping in mind that if you gain muscle and don't lose any fat, you will appear chunkier so you need to get a good mix of the two ^_^
  • benita30
    benita30 Posts: 20
    Options
    for your thighs, adductor and abductor machines (if you have a gym membership) are amazing. They tone your inner and outer thighs. Walking lunges with weights are great for your legs, as are incline leg presses.
  • fitness244
    fitness244 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love hip hop abs my aunt gave me her hip hop abs DVDs