How old do you feel?

Options
Some people feel younger than their actual age, and it's not necessarily about maturity.

I don't feel like I'm 33. I feel much older and I don't know why. Maybe it's because I don't go out partying, and I've started realising that I dress like my mother. Lol! I would never think of buying a dress like some of the other girls at my work wear because I feel like I'm too old to wear it.

Having said that, I love playing video games, so there is still a young mind in me!

I guess I feel like I'm in my 40's, but when I'm actually in my 40's, I'll probably realise I wasn't anywhere near that!

Replies

• wingchunrick
    wingchunrick Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'll be 47 this year but still feel like I'm in my early twenties
  • Nyksta
    Nyksta Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 29 in a few months and in some ways I feel much younger - I think this is because I went through a very abrupt transition from childhood to adulthood when I was thrown out at the age of 17 and moved in with my boyfriend (now husband). I still think of myself being the young 17 years old...

But I feel a lot older than other people my age too - I guess because of my maturity levels. I was married and had my daughter when I was 21 and settled. I've never been into going out partying/clubbing etc. I think age/life is starting to catch up with me more now too - I've noticed I cannot cope as well on only a few hours sleep (which I'm renowned for since I work full time and study and have a child lol) plus the bags under my eyes are more visible now (as are the crowsfeet!).

I guess 30 seemed a long way off when I first left home and now it's here much quicker than imagined!

Nyk x
  • roguex_1979
    roguex_1979 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Anyone else?
  • atrebor18
    atrebor18 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I feel super young when I'm working in schools because I am (I'm 22) and the kids always ask me if I'm 16. haha but I feel really old on weekends when I sit at home with my bf and don't go out since I'm broke and have few friends.
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    In my 40's or 50's (I'm actually almost 30).....the majority of my friends, and my husband is considerably older than I am.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I am almost 55 and can do more than I have since high school. I feel 20-something. Gearing up for my first 1/2 marathon!
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Right now? Probably around 30. After I go running? Mid-80's. Geez. smh
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I'm 38, used to feel about 28 until I had major medical problems, so now I feel a lot older.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I am -- and always will be -- 16.

IN MY HEAD!
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Soon to be 36 and I think I feel about 26. Everyone tells me I look about that age, so I'll take it!!!
  • BrownEyedJerseyGirl
    Options
    Early 40s and feel like my late 20s. When I was in my early 20s I thought people in their 40s were old. Now that I'm in my 40s I realize it isn't old.
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I'm 25. I feel half 17 and half 40. Half 17 because sometimes I'm like, whaaat? I'm not a teenager? That's crazy. And half 40 because sometimes I feel very mature and responsible and like it's already too late for me to do/have some things in my life. Both of which are silly.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    i am 41, people say i look in my 30s and i act in my 30s,,, ha ha,
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm 35 but feel like I'm in my 20s still, although late 20s rather than 21! I've got 2 young kids so I get to go to soft play, the park etc and run about like I'm young again! I also work as a teacher so spend most of my working life with teenagers which I think keeps me young.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I feel roughly 30-35 mentally. Grew up very fast in many ways.
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I'm 30, and I feel 50.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Physically, I guess I feel about as old as I am - 34.

Mentally, people have been saying I'm middle-aged since I was about 19 :laugh:
  • JazzieSmith
    JazzieSmith Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 and in some ways I feel 16 (yay new Pokemon game in October) and in other ways I feel 35 (buying a home and worrying about curb appeal and crime rates).
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I am also 33 and I feel right about my age. I still like to go out have fun (drink etc) but I do not party as if I were 22. I have young children so my nights end early lol because they wake up early no matter what time I go to bed the night before.