I just saw a picture of myself and died..

Options
I went out with my friends last week...I wore a thin strapped dress kinda short ..I felt sexy ..
Yet I saw the pictures on facebook tonight and I just wanted to die.
My neck looks so fat ...:(
and my arms :(

I was eating dinner when I saw the pics and just could not finish my meal after that .
I ran and made myself a green tea instead.

What a terrible feeling .... :(

Replies

• dino2911
    Options
    if i were you i would focus on the words "i felt sexy" from your message.
  • Mopetite
    Mopetite Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I did ...Sometimes I get a picture in my head that I looked a certain way ..but reality strikes once again...
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Just think of it as your 'before' picture. Roll forward a few months and you will feel so much better about yourself. Just make small steps daily to losing weigh and getting healthy. Push yourself because you deserve this but be kind to yourself :flowerforyou:
  • Mopetite
    Options
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Pictures are notoriously bad at capturing the way you actually look. Everything from the lighting to the pose you are in when the picture is taken can make anyone look unattractive. Don't let it get you down.
  • martina2611
    Options
    Yep, I had the same thing happen to me last month, at a wedding and they had the photo booth, thought i looked ok, that picture popped out and i thought my mother was in the room!!! HORRIFIED!!!!! That picture is now on the fridge so whenever i go to the kitchen i see it and have a hissy fit to myself ( but i want chocolate!!) and i choose something healthy because i do not want to be that person,ever again.
  • Mopetite
    Options
    I asked my friend to remove it from facebook ...and that I would print it and put it on my fridge as well !! :laugh:
    its a wake up call !
    Yep, I had the same thing happen to me last month, at a wedding and they had the photo booth, thought i looked ok, that picture popped out and i thought my mother was in the room!!! HORRIFIED!!!!! That picture is now on the fridge so whenever i go to the kitchen i see it and have a hissy fit to myself ( but i want chocolate!!) and i choose something healthy because i do not want to be that person,ever again.
  • ReniaL
    ReniaL Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I can so relate to that post! In my head I do think I look a certain way. and then when I see the pictures I think - who is this woman???

I feel so bad as I want to lose some weight so badly (it is only about 5 kg) but everytime I am good I do sabotage it later. Thinking ah - one biscuit will not be the end of the world but then a pack of them later...

I am so low today as I have weighed myself this morning. I have been heavier than for the last 8 years! I used to be bigger before and I certainly do not want to be that person anymore! Need to do something!
  • kaybelieve
    Options
    I did ...Sometimes I get a picture in my head that I looked a certain way ..but reality strikes once again...

yes, this completely describes me!