Stir fry recipe?

Options
Is very much in the mood for a stir fry..I have chicken out defrosting but can't for the life of me think of ways for a HEALTHY stir fry without all the crap I usually put in it..

I think I have hoisin sauce, sesame oil and soy or terryaki sauce at home but I am not sure...I don't have any broccoli (used it already) but I do have pepper strips...and the obvious rice lol...any ideas?

Replies

• talliekins
    talliekins Posts: 5
    Options
    Soy sauce, with some sugar or Splenda, and sesame seeds if you have them is a nice sauce for stir fry! Just put a little olive oil on the stove, mix up some fresh veggies, and then once they're mostly cooked add the sauce. Cook a little more and stir in rice. Tasty!
  • lappyd425
    lappyd425 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I did one last night with a bag of stir fry veggies, 1lb pork loin and marinated that in light zesty italian dressing. Then mixed together and added brown rice. It was really good!
  • Lshizz
    Lshizz Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite flavors is Allegro original marinade...it's low cal, 10 for a tsp. I think, and it's delish! Works great as a marinade or in a strifry...I put it in a lot of different stuff that I cook.
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I made chicken stir fry last night. I sprinked a little cayenne pepper and black pepper on the chicken and then grilled it on my grill pan. Set it aside to rest before cubing it. In a wok, I put one tbsp of grapeseed oil and then put in my asian veggies (bought them already cut up from Trader Joe's) with 1 tsp sesame seeds and 1 tsp crushed red pepper. I nuked a bag of frozen birds eye brown rice. So I had 4 oz of the chicken, topped with 1 cup of the veggies and 1/2 cup of the rice. It was delicious and I didn't have to add all that high sodium soy sauce or marinades.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    The stir fry I love (Walmart makes an asparagus stir fry) has bell peppers, onions, asparagus, green beans, snap peas, broccoli and some water chestnuts. I would usually just pan fry it in olive oil with chicken and some McCormick's steak seasoning.
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I make one with honey, a bit of oil, tons of veggies, chicken, and hungry girl noodles.:drinker:
  • sorilue
    sorilue Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite flavors is Allegro original marinade...it's low cal, 10 for a tsp. I think, and it's delish! Works great as a marinade or in a strifry...I put it in a lot of different stuff that I cook.
    Isn't that the best marinade ever? I even marinade my peppers and mushrooms in it before grilling. Yum
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    i like to make my stir fry a little thai style

saute peppers and onions for a few minutes in a tbsp of oil add in the meat and then the garlic and hoisin and fish sauce. i also add in some thai chilis or a fresh jalapeno if i don't have access to thai chili. then about 2minutes before serving i add in some torn fresh sweet basil. SO YUM!

i usually eat it with some rice OR some whole wheat noodles

man...now i'm rethinking what i want for dinner :)
  • vanessaxlynne
    Options
    MAN I AM SO HUNGRY NOW LOL!!! so I went home real quick and saw I do have hoisin sauce, stir fry sauce and soy sauce. I def went over on my "fat" today :( ughhh so I def want someone low sodium and all of my stuff has alot of it..now if I were to use soy sauce sugar and sesame seed (like someone suggested) how do I figure out how many calories it is? Ugh I'm stumped!!!!!