Stuck!

Options
Morning there
I think I am doing okay(?) however, everything about loosing weight for me is sooooo slow. It's like my body is stuck.
I train 4-5 time a week, and I do mean train. I keep a track of my calories; 1200 to no more than 1350 a day, and yet I dont loose any weight... grrr.... it has taken my 5 months to lose 10 kg. Clearly that't not right?
Any advice please :smile:
Dorthe

Replies

• Markwells01
    Options
    Dorithe - If you look closely at your stats actually you are doing really well......5 months is ~22 weeks. you have lost 10Kg or 22 pounds. Divide the weeks by pounds and you have lost nearly 1 pound a week. Which for me is absolutely normal. Everyone loses at different rates and our bodies will slow the rate of lose as your body fat levels reduce.

I myself have lost 13 pounds in nearly 7 weeks.....which is just uner 2 pounds per week so far... I fully expect this to slow as the year progresses.

If you still feel stuck, try talking to your gym trainers, look at your training regime maybe try somthing different, personally I like classes such as Kettle bells, Spinning, Kick Boxing and Circuit training rather than using the gym alone but our bodies get used to training so it is good to chage from time to time.

As for diet, some ladies at my gym are on the 5/2 diet (two days of 600 cals) which seems to work for them.

I think the key message I am tryng to get across is look at both your training and diet and change something, if for no other reason than to prevent you getting board ! But you weight loss progress is fine.

Regards - Mark
  • dortheriis
    Options
    Hi Mark
    Thank you so much for taking the time and thanks for your advice. I think you could be right - on all your points.
    My work out is quit varied; today was a solo cardio trip, Monday spinning and again other days I do circuit with some tough chicks, pump etc.
    But you are right - need to changes at least one of the tiles. I have heard about the 5/2 diet too and also heard it helps others. Might have a little look at that.
    thanks again and good luck
    Dorthe :-)
  • Markwells01
    Options
    Dorithe - No problem...As said you are on the right path (downwards) and more excercise means we need more calories...it's a paradox !>!>:happy: Good Luck to you to...