So proud - 80lbs lost (with pictures!)

Options
Hi Everyone!

When I am lacking motivation I often check out the success stories of others to reassure myself I too am capable. I am always amazed at the end results when people work hard to achieve their goals.
I sometimes forget to appreciate the success story I am living with!

(With his permission) I wanted to take a minute to share the story of my Fiance' and his journey through 80 lbs lost.

In March of 2012 we were fed up with being overweight. Mike shared this fantastic app he had found (MFP) and our journey began that day. Through counting calories we realized how much we had been overeating and in time learned (like so many of you) maximizing your caloric intake meant trading empty calorie foods for healthier choices like fruits and vegetables. Exercise soon followed as it became clear losing weight came easier when you were physically active - not to mention feeling better!

Today, Mike has approached his desired weight and continues to eat healthy with fruits, vegetables, and lean proteins to maintain his success. He wakes up at 5:30 AM to work out before work - come rain, snow, hurricane or blizzard. He is an inspiration for me as I work toward reaching my goals through weight loss and fitness. He reminds me the true meaning of perseverance and resiliency. His continuous drive to be the best he can be is humbling. I could not be more proud of the work he has accomplished and to stand by his side through it.
Thanks for reading!
Picture below - however this was my first time posting a picture, so *fingers crossed*

MikeProgress_zpsf32e4d78.png

f839f728-3222-4e19-916f-fc9eef3b865b_zps1d721d52.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!