breakfast

Options
amerlich
amerlich Posts: 6 Member
Hi Everyone,

I eat breakfast at work. What are some yummy and satisfying make ahead breakfast ideas that you have used and love? Thank you!

-Andrea

Replies

• lisamac62
    lisamac62 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    If you can eat at your desk yogurt is a good choice....I like a little "crunch" with my yogurt so I stir in some cereal usually a low fat granola.
  • aliczka
    aliczka Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like crustless mini quiches made in muffin pans. Great to clean up the fridge too! Breakfast burritos are really convenient too. I love making a sweet version of them with peanut butter, banana and a dash of cinnamon.
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    smoothies - i make it at home and bring it in. almond milk, banana, pineapple and chia seed
  • LovelyLaura2321
    LovelyLaura2321 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    fresh fruit, yogurt, and granola is always good.

my favorite breakfast-to-go are oatmeal muffins because they are very filling!
  • gracecordeiro1
    Options
    I was watching Dr. Phil and he says starting your day with an egg helps keep u more satisfied then if you choose another form of protein. So my new love is egg wraps! light wheat wrap and an egg. yum
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats made in the crockpot (I love the chocolate flavor)

Yogurt and granola.

I keep protein bars at my desk.

PB toast before running out the door is really good if you can add 5 minutes to your morning.
  • KlaMorgan
    KlaMorgan Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    i eat at my desk too if im running late, when i am my choices are usually a breakfast smoothie, fruit salad or a protein bar and orange juice!
  • amerlich
    amerlich Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!! All of these suggestions are great! I've seen recipes for little egg muffins made in muffin tins but i'm just afraid it won't satisfy me for very long. i'm sure the serving size is more than 1 "muffin" though.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Google overnight oatmeal and experiment with different flavors.
  • liz827
    liz827 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I usually make a scrambled egg with 3-6 tbsp egg whites in the microwave, add to a toasted thin bagel and either 2 pieces of turkey bacon or Canadian ham with a little bit of ketchup. I eat it in the car on the way to work. I'll have some green tea and a banana a little bit after I get settled at my desk.
  • weatheredcheese
    weatheredcheese Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Potatoe waffles are a nice change to having toast, one potatoe waffle is about 100cal, I usually have either 1 medium fried egg (75ish cal) and maybe a rasher of bacon or some baked beans. Also good as a lunch option, like I had today, 2 x Potatoe Waffles, " rashers of Bacon half a can of reduced salt baked beans and one fried egg. (just need to keep an eye on the fats but I am still under)
    You may think you need an oven for the Potatoe waffles but you can do these (from frozen) in a toaster, either using defrost or as I do max it up to 6, cook on that until it pops and then put it down again on 3 (if from frozen). Mine defrosted in the fridge so only did the first step for these and they where nice and crisp.
  • weatheredcheese
    weatheredcheese Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!! All of these suggestions are great! I've seen recipes for little egg muffins made in muffin tins but i'm just afraid it won't satisfy me for very long. i'm sure the serving size is more than 1 "muffin" though.

I find if you have a quick/small breakfats always good to follow up about mid morning with some fruit, I usually have an apple or banana to keep me going until lunch.
  • rylovesty23
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I eat breakfast at work. What are some yummy and satisfying make ahead breakfast ideas that you have used and love? Thank you!

-Andrea

I eat breakfast at work as well. I switch it, I like to do thin everything bagels with laughing cow cheese, which is about a 145 calorie breakfast. I will do a hardboiled egg and half a bagel sometimes. I also really like the yoplait protein shakes, I blend them before I leave to work. If you like oatmeal, that is also a great low calorie choice!