New - looking for working moms trying to lose weight

Options
Hi there,

I joined this back in September after I had my baby - but just finally decided to make this a priority.

I'm looking for working moms trying to lose weight - like myself. Trying to balance work, family time and time for myself is a struggle - so hopefully building some friends and getting some ideas will help keep me motivated.

Replies

• tamerkins2
    Options
    I would love to be friends! I have two kids (4 1/2 and 18 months). I work full-time and struggle to find time to work, eat right while working and caring for the kids! Maybe we can help each other out :) Feel free to add me!
  • JLN1974
    JLN1974 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have 2 children 4 and 20 months and I work 3 days a week x
  • lenniebus
    lenniebus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a working mom of 2...feel free to add me :)! I tend to do my exercise in the a.m. (early early) before everyone gets up...it's not easy but totally doable :)...
  • Mamato3cubs
    Options
    Hi my name is Mary, Feel free to add me. I have three boys all under five. My youngest is seven months. I work full time as well as have a part-time job. It is a daily struggle to find time for myself.
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    i work full time and have a 3yr old boy(will be 4 in april) i havent logged my food as much lately but im still working out and eating good. i like to run and lift weights.....all my workouts are after work when i couldnt log them but i just got a computer again so ill be bettering my logging....add me if you want
  • momasox
    momasox Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I have two kids... a teenage girl and a 22 month old little boy. I am married to a long haul truck driver and also work full time.
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I would love to be friends. I am a working mom of 3. I have a 21-year-old (who recently moved back home), a 17-year-old, and an 8-year-old. I work full time and will be going to school full time also in the fall. So, I totally get how hard it is to balance everything and still make time for yourself.
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.

Mom to two boys, and work both full and part time. Woo! :)
  • kmluecht
    kmluecht Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the new baby! I am also a working mother. Add me if you like.
  • OddChoices
    OddChoices Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I work FT and have 5 year old twins. Life is busy but happier since I started making time for myself.
  • ValRAAAAY
    ValRAAAAY Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    <
    works. Full time. 2 kids ages 9 and 6. I get to the gym 4 times a week after my chores are done and have managed to keep this weight off for a year now. It's not been easy, but it's TOTALLY doable. Add me if you like. I'm a little kooky but...I will help you keep this fun!!! :-)
  • Jenn_Lyn1102
    Jenn_Lyn1102 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I am a working mommy too... have a 19 month old baby girl, work 40 hours a week, working out at nights... logging my food has been very helpful!
  • angelxxoh
    Options
    oooh pick me, pick me! I'm 22, have a 2 1/2 year old and trying to loose about 50 more pounds before I take on having another one. My weight has pushed my PCOS over the edge and I'm having a hard time keeping it off.
    Ive recently been drinking herbalife **not an advertisement** and I'm feeling pretty good / full / and i lost 5 lbs. the past 2 weeks.
    I'm looking for more friends that are active on here, I was on here about a year ago, but all my friends on here stopped logging in.

I manage to find time to go to the gym, and when I cant before or after work, I go during my lunch break - there's a gym inside my work so I'm fortunate.

:)
  • Torgrills
    Torgrills Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Working mom here too! I have two daughters, 17 and 14 and work full time, 12+ hour shifts. It isn't always easy, but I've been trying to make taking care of myself a big priority!
  • psychedmom
    psychedmom Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me. I am a working mom with 2 little ones, almost 4 and 2. I joined way back when my first baby was born but didn't really stay committed. I have been consistent now since November and have lost 30 pounds in that time! It is possible to balance both but can be hard at times. For me, eliminating nighttime snacking and cutting out all processed foods (I should say most, I do sneak some in there) was a good start. I became religious about logging.

In terms of exercise, I am fortunate to have an elliptical machine at home which is very helpful. I am NOT a morning person, so I do most of workouts at night when the kids are asleep. In addition I have been using these apps on my smart phone - "daily ab workout", "daily butt workout", ect. They are 5 minute videos focused on one body part. They are so short that I can work in 20 minutes of it throughout the evening when my kids are playing. I did the 30 day shred yesterday and was stunned that it felt relatively easy, thanks I think to those daily workouts I have been doing. I also like to work some fun activity in there. Playing with the kids obviously (which I don't log as I consider this part of calories already counted in "lightly active") as well as StepMania (similar to Dance Dance Revolution, available for free online). Good luck!
  • marissa3209
    marissa3209 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You can add me too. I work full time, have two kids (my youngest is 15 mos) and find it difficult balancing it all and am only recently trying hard to make this a priority for me. I mostly go to the gym on my lunch break as I work on a college campus and have quick access.
  • krmingua
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have two kids: ages 11 and 4 and am currently working 2 jobs! Exhausted just doesn't cover it! And trying to eat healthy when your husband cooks dinner is nearly impossible!!
  • Angelhair78
    Angelhair78 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just joined yesterday! Feel free to add me as well :) I am a working, single Mom of a 7 and 9 year old....life is pretty hectic! I have 50 pounds to lose that have been sitting around since I had my first baby. Looking for inspiration and motivation!! And friends to help along the way :)
  • chesves
    chesves Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I'm a full time working single mom to two teen boys. I've just joined MFP and am so excited to stay motivated and learn from others! We CAN do this! :)
  • SlvrBluGoddess
    SlvrBluGoddess Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    You may add me - that goes for anyone else, too.
    I work full time, have a 14 year old son. I tend to squeeze my workouts in right after waking up and right before going to bed.