I am happy because...

Options
I had to kick myself to the gym today but once there I had a kick @ss workout. I hadn't slept well last night and then my kids climbed in bed with me. On cold Ohio mornings there is nothing like cuddling with your 5 year old twins. I had zero motivation To go but I knew I would be super pissed all day if I missed gym on a non rest day. Rest days are precious.

I know its not a huge success story like losing 200lbs but its my mini success story. A year ago, I would have continued to yawn my way to the world of lard and love handles.

So what is making you happy today? What's your mini success?

Replies

• teachermegan
    teachermegan Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Eating my egg whites and plain oatmeal rather than the pudding and toast with pb that I was craving.
  • OddChoices
    OddChoices Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I have gotten used to egg whites so much that I cant even stand adding a yolk (nothing against yolk).
  • mooglysmom
    mooglysmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Before bed last night, my whole family got up and danced together to burn off some extra energy. Even the husband. It was a lot of fun.

Oh, and I got my pants on this morning without having to lay down on the bed to button them. They're my tightest pair, grabbed them by accident. Still got a muffin top, but I got them on! :laugh:
  • AngelicxAnnihilation
    Options
    Same with the yolk although I was never a big fan to begin with. My mom now is always "Since when do you not eat the yolk?" Congrats on your workout today! Keep it up :)
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I am happy because its my day off! :) And I am going to stick to my calorie goal today!
  • anniemstead
    Options
    I jogged 1km without stopping, took a while but I did it :)
  • teachmom32
    teachmom32 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Great job to all! Yesterday I was doing 30DS and am on level 2. I was doing the squats with V raises and seriously thought I was going to die. Then in my brain I said, "You've had 2 kids with no epidural. You can do this!" And then I did it!
  • tattoogal77
    tattoogal77 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting yourself to the gym and feeling better than you thought! That is a success all in itself.

I am happy today because I am with the improvements I have made in my life and looking forward to many more happy moments! This morning I told my son how well I was doing and he is proud of me..makes it all worth it :happy:
  • OddChoices
    Options
    Before bed last night, my whole family got up and danced together to burn off some extra energy. Even the husband. It was a lot of fun.

Oh, and I got my pants on this morning without having to lay down on the bed to button them. They're my tightest pair, grabbed them by accident. Still got a muffin top, but I got them on! :laugh:

Congratulations on the pants. I fit in to a size six super skinny last week and almost started crying in the store.I was size 14 last February. Fun part is I am 20 pounds heavier today than I was the last time I wore size 6. But resistance training has changed my structure dramatically.
  • OddChoices
    Options
    Great job to all! Yesterday I was doing 30DS and am on level 2. I was doing the squats with V raises and seriously thought I was going to die. Then in my brain I said, "You've had 2 kids with no epidural. You can do this!" And then I did it!

LOLZ on the epidural. So true. Women were built to be resilient. Lets take that resilience to the gym with us.
  • breajohnson
    breajohnson Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am happy because my 22 year old nephew tells me i motivate him to go to the gym.
  • shaxnax
    shaxnax Posts: 87 Member
    Options

I've used the same logic to not stop a workout before! Except i've only had one babe. Im happy because yesterday was really stressful and I didnt eat everything in the kitchen.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options

I love that. We are stronger than we think we are. After one baby by c-section, one baby by VBAC with no epidural, and a hysterectomy, I can do anything and endure anything.

Today I am happy because I lost a pound. Love seeing that ticker move. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!