Women with large breast - SPORT BRAS

Options
13»

Replies

• Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to add that hasn't been said, but for bra reviews you should go to Bratabase.com. The reviews can get very specific (offering measurements of stretched band, cup depth, etc.)

They also have community ebay-type listing to purchase new and used bras, though I personally wouldn't purchase a sports bra that wasn't brand new.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I am not sure if anyone answered this for you or not. The BEST sports bra in my opinion is Enell. It is a bit pricey and not very cure for that matter, but you will not move. It has helped me tremendously on this journey and has made running more exciting for me!

A lot of the other sports bras that work well for DD or smaller cups don't come in larger cup sizes. Enell does work for a lot of people and they've expanded their color selection, which is nice. The problem is Enell stops at DDD and the OP wears 36H.

Here's the Enell size guide: http://enell.com/get-fit

There are similar issues with the Moving Comfort bras. Moving Comfort offers two bras in DDD/E and that's the max size.

The Freya, Panache and Shock Absorber brands all go up much higher in the cup. Just checked and all are on Nordstrom.com as well. I ordered the Shock Absorber 2 pack and got 20% off of the list price using coupon code TEMPTED on figleaves.com. They tend to run small in the band so you might want to size up in that.

i'm a 34 I/J and i wear an enell size 2 and it works great. i also have a smaller ribcage which might be why i can wear it.

granted i do have a bit of cleavage at the top but the bra works great beyond that. i am however at the edge of not being able to wear it. if i lose anymore in my ribcage but nothing in the cup like i've been doing then i wont be able to wear enells anymore .
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I bought an ENELL at great expense after recommendations here. I'm a 32G in the UK (which I think is 32I in the US) and it's no good. I can't quite fit all my boobage into it, and it's loose-ish around the bottom. I feel that if I went up a size it would be too loose in the band. The worst thing is that I bought it hoping to return it if it didn't fit, but I've slightly snagged the very delicate material when trying it on, so I'm stuck with it. I'm hoping that it fits a bit better when I lose some more weight and I can at least get some use out of it. I can see how this could be a decent bra with a slight redesign to cope with different cup/band ratios. It does give a monoboob effect and seems to squash everything against the chest wall rather than supporting it (which is OK if you're just wearing it for sports). I think Enells are worth a try but probably best tried in a shop where you can give it back if it doesn't fit! Be careful buying online because the material is so easy to damage and make it non-returnable.

My favourite bra at the moment is the PANACHE sports bra. I used to wear this in a 36HH (US 36L?) and have been buying different sizes as I lose weight! It doesn't completely eliminate bounce, but it's probably the most comfortable bra of any type that I've worn! It also gives a good shape under clothes, so I've ended up using them for everyday wear. They are attractive to look at too.

I have never had much luck with Shock Absorber bras - they don't seem to suit me, although I know some people swear by them.
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I used to be a 40H (I had a breast reduction last June) and I wore the ENELL sports bra. It was one of Oprahs favorite things years ago & I tried it & loved it. Its more like a vest and has a gazillion hooks up the front but the girls are locked & loaded! :wink:

Also a great website is breakoutbras.com they have lots of larger sized bras, sport or otherwise & swimwear too. Free shipping & they send you coupon codes all the time.
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    UK 30gg here - bravissimo, the shock absorber for dd plus. Amazing! I seriously jump about all over the place and the girls are strapped in tight. You must make sure the chest band is tight, the vast amount of support comes from here not the straps.
  • borom44
    borom44 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Ladies:

I am not a professional, how ever if you would like to post your picks I will gladly look at them and make suggestions 
  • Valiere
    Options
    I wear a 42DD and I prefer the Enell brand. It is great for my Cardiokickboxing and Kickbox/Groove class. Both classes are 75 minutes long and we constantly run in place. I have very little bounce and no soreness afterward. They cost about $67 each. I by my mine from Fleet Feet running shops here in Maryland.
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Please don't double bra, it causes damage to breast tissue and affects circulation

I am a 34FF in the UK which is a 34H in the US and I have some great fitting sports bras from shock absorber and Freya active. The latter are under wired. They are like very full cupped real bras. Once fitted properly I can run in them and the puppies do not move. They are not cheap but it is the one thing I never economise on.

I am an 34H in UK sizes (or HH). I have shock absorber and freya. These are great! I am rotating mine around a bit as I have shrunk in the band, so my oldest shock absorbers have been downgraded to low impact/medium impact status. 3 years later. (I have gone down 4 inches around the underbust, with minimal change in volume.

I concur with the reco above. Have heard good stuff about the Panache one but I haven't tried it.

I find the Freyas are very tight in the band. Tighter than their normal bras, so you'll likely want to go up a band from your regular freya size.

Im the same! As iv lost weight, 4inches from underbust, i use the old ones that are now too loose for high impact for yoga and pilates. Had to get a tighter band size for the high impact stuff. I love bravissimo!
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I love my lane bryant sports bra. They go by top size. But boy, do they hold the girls in! It's high impact, great for running. Even doing jumping jacks there is NO bounce. Lane bryant often runs bra sales buy 2 get 2 free. Thats what I did, they are $38 each. If I had known how great it was I wouldn't have split an order with my friend (we each got 2 for $38.) They have several styles but I can only vouch for the hot pink & black one pictured on the website. It's front close and doesn't give me one big uniboob. The thick band gives lots of support.
  • kelr0110
    kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    If they don't go up enough, try Enell. They do it all, even custom. Its much more a "smash them" feel than moving comfort, but the girls are going nowhere. I bought them after breast surgery. 2 years and tons of use later they look brand new. $80 or so well spent.

Enell enell enell - i play hockey, crossfit and run and this is the best bra ever created. I was lucky to find it before it became super cool on the biggest loser and oprah even lol.

http://www.amazon.com/Enell-High-Impact-Sports-Bra/dp/B000IWEJDE

absolutely worth it - it's not pretty but its the best imo and ill always back it.
  • devinclink
    devinclink Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    WHAT THEY SAID!!! ENELL it money WELL spent I can do any kind of High Intensity Cardio and they DO NOT MOVE!!!! ENELL is the way to go. Oh yeah I'm a 38DDD
  • angrykitty13
    angrykitty13 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I agree--look into Enell. They will even custom make a bra for you if you're a unique size.

Shock Absorber is great too--but Enell will probably be the best investment for you.

I love Moving Comfort and wear the Fiona--but their largest size is a DD. When I worked in the sports bra world, Enell is really the one bra that worked for the biggest cup sizes.
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    There were a few other posts on this recently. You may want to look those up as well. At 36F, I still struggle to find the right one. In my experience, ones with normal bra sizes work better than ones that come in s, m, l, and xl. You and I have cup sizes outside the average for our band sizes. The ones that just come in s, m, l and xl go based on a roughly average size. I just got a great one, but it's not in front of me, so I don't remember what it's called, but it is in my actual size and that makes the difference. Normal ones either have too loose a band or don't fully cover my girls.
    That's just my experience.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Ladies:

I am not a professional, how ever if you would like to post your picks I will gladly look at them and make suggestions 

I was just going to say how nice it was to have an adult discussion without any pervs showing up.

I also want to praise shock absorber, but like someone said, make sure all straps are tight.
  • susanmarnold
    Options
    Thanks so much! Definitely have some options to look at and will be ordering one ASAP!