Please Welcome Me!

Options
Hi. My name is Debbie and my goal is to lose an extra 39 to 40 pounds. Since being diagnosed with T2 diabetes, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure, I've finally started to take better care of myself. I’ve been walking daily using a pedometer (10,000 step method), working out 4-5 days per week doing yoga, exercise DVD’s, lifting weights (7 lb. kettleball and 3 lb. dumbbells), eating healthier foods and measuring portions, started a food and exercise journal to help me to stay on track ,seeing a nutritionist and a dietician, and daily journalizing with positive results, and cutting back on fast foods and sweets. As a result so far, I've lost 80 lbs. since last March. I enjoy meeting new people, helping others, and am a great listener. Please welcome me. :smile:

Replies

• dnish53
    dnish53 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss. That is a great accomplisment. Welcome to MFP.
  • Boringdoug
    Boringdoug Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi, Debbie! Welcome! :)
  • DaddyWalks
    Options
    Welcome. That is a fantastic achievement! Keep it up and enjoy the journey :)
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Welcome to the fun! Add me if you want.
  • angeladenise777
    angeladenise777 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Good job Debbie. Welcome doll. You will get to your goal. Cheering you on.

Hugs,
    A
  • TheBigFish711
    Options
    Welcome! And good luck =) Feel free to add me if you'd like!!
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I know you are going to kick diabetes' butt! WTG on your success so far :-)
  • booneunder
    Options
    Welcome, stay focused on your goal and you will be successful in your weight loss. I have diabetes, hi chol, hi blood pressure. As long as I am focused on my weight and lose 10 to 20 pounds, I have control of my diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol. I do not plan to be on medication the rest of my life, that is why I am adament in losing another 20 pounds. Good Luck, keep going.
    Be blessed / Barbara
  • MJackson54
    Options
    Welcome Debbie! Glad you have decided to take control of your health! That's what I've done and have been able to overcome the effects of some serious chronic diseases! For now I continue to pay attention to my diet, exercise whenever I can (especially swimming), and keep positive. Welcome!
  • Angeloftheshore
    Angeloftheshore Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Welcome Debbie! Taking charge of your health is a great step and you will realize taking charge can lead to improvements in everything you do! Enjoy your journey and do not get discouraged just get back on track when you slip.
  • cuddlescreampuff
    cuddlescreampuff Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your wonderful achievement!! I have heard of people reversing a diagnosis of diabetes. My hubby is also diabetic. Since starting MFP 3 weeks ago he has already lost 9 pounds (21 pounds over all since November). He has stopped eating the sweets and junk. He has also stopped taking his medication, and his numbers have remained good. I'm not suggesting to do that at all, but check with your doctor about adjusting your meds until you can eventually get off of them. I am a 47 year old grandma of 6, and on my way to my 40 pound goal. If you need a friend who provides encouragement throughout the day then I'm your gal. Feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Welcome to MyFitnessPal Debbie!
  • Bebe1000
    Options
    Wow, Debbie! Impressive accomplishments! Welcome.

-Bebe
  • amyshield
    amyshield Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Welcome Debbie and congratulations on your success so far!!
    Feel free to add me!