Don't like your curves?

I am a curvy petit girl. Okay, I have a fat *kitten*. A really fat booty. I know this is true because of the struggles I have had buying jeans. I can lose weight, and lose some booty, but even at super skinny I have a booty. Which is not the typical white girl look. Our North American standards do not allow for a bubbly butt and thighs that- omg touch!
So I moved to the Dominican Republic. My husband has always liked my body, I love my body, but wow....here it's okay to have a booty, and boobies and thighs. No one wants me to have 5 % body fat. It isn't done here. It is freakin wonderful.... I think flacka (skinny) might be an insult. Not to say there are any fat women here, I don't see much of that either.

My point, be healthy, eat right, exercise and don't worry if your never a size 2. Just because the tv or whatever tells you that is hot, it isn't the world standard.

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    a lot of men like a good booty,,,
  • jbr121
    jbr121 Posts: 28 Member
    You're right! In much of the Middle East and southern Mediterranean the guys prefer curves too - not fat, but curves.

I love my curves! I'm 5'8, 147lbs and while I'd like to drop another 10lbs, I have no desire to be skinny. Just healthy.

An ex of mine described sleeping with a model gf of his as 'like banging a bag of bones' - 'skinny' is definitely a female ideal, not a male one. Generally, Men just aren't that critical - they don't see our bodies as we do - us women are our own worst critics.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Plenty of North Americans like a bubble butt and big thighs. :huh:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    I get plenty of attention for my butt and thighs even though I'm a white woman living in the US. Attitude is about 90% of what makes people attracted to other people, IMO.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Did you move to the DR just because of your butt???
  • helyla
    helyla Posts: 162 Member
    I agree! Great post! Even when I'm down to thin and happy with my weight, I'm still about a size 8... any skinnier than that and I start looking unhealthy. I'd rather have my curves than be a size 2. I've always had a big booty, boobs, and hips and I love them. What I don't like is the pooch in my stomach, but that's what I'm here working on! :)
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    My bf said I can lose all the weight I want, but if I lose my booty, he's going to force feed me til it comes back! Lolz.:laugh:
  • I've seen women of almost every body type that I thought were extremely attractive. Ain't nothing wrong with curves!!!!!!
  • Dont lose the booty !! curves are always welcomed in the right places :)
  • sreed016
    sreed016 Posts: 97 Member
    You are lucky - I have pancake *kitten* whether I am 170 or 130 :(
  • riccoismydog
    riccoismydog Posts: 319 Member
    Did you move to the DR just because of your butt???

Ha ha...no..... I moved here because I love sunshine, and because I love it here otherwise. But I do not feel pressure here to be an ideal size aka skinny like I do in Canada. And.... I can find jeans that fit here !! Added bonus. Latino culture is awesome. I was watching a local bikini fashion show on tv, all the models had a booty and curves. Unlike these victoria secret models, they actually had arms and legs, no sticks. They were hot. Que bonita!