Lost 9.5 inches total but only 4 pounds

Options
Hello, I have been working out and eating with in calorie range for a month, I am excited I lost 4 pounds and 9.5 inches but it seems that I should have lost more 'weight" I guess. Another person I am working with lost 10 pounds and 6 inches. It is strange how different peoples bodies react differently. I won't lose my motivation but just wondering if anyone has tips on losing more weight. I should say that my work out is Curves and walking on the treadmill until I reach 10,000 steps.

Replies

• Torgrills
    Torgrills Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! 9 inches is amazing and 4 pounds in one month is exactly within the parameters of losing weight at a healthy, stable rate. Do your clothes fit better? Do you feel better? If you've answered yes to either of these questions, keep doing what you're doing and tell the scale to take a hike. You're making awesome progress and you are FAR more than a number on a scale. It's merely one tool out of many to assess your progress, and you are clearly on the right track.
  • raegan1215
    Options
    i've only lost 2 pounds - some days it's only 1lb and a few days last week was 4lbs, but usually i'm about 2lbs less than when i started january 1st. buttttt i'm definitely down inches. i look better and feel stronger. sure it's frustrating that the scale doesn't move but i figure it'll catch up eventually.

don't give up! be patient. 4 pounds in a month is a great start!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Inches FTW! :drinker: No one knows what your scale says but you. But people can tell if you have lost inches, your clothes are loose or you've bought smaller ones, etc. You're doing great!
  • namluv
    namluv Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Inches FTW! :drinker: No one knows what your scale says but you. But people can tell if you have lost inches, your clothes are loose or you've bought smaller ones, etc. You're doing great!

Ditto!
  • pobanion
    pobanion Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    4 lbs/month works out to about 50/lbs/year. That is great progress :) Keep up the good work.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    If I could only choose one measuring instrument between scale and tape measure, the scale loses every time.

Keep it up - try not to care about the wrong numbers so much.
  • javajinny
    Options
    Screw the scale. Inches are what count. Awesome job!
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

Couldn't have said it better myself. Use your scale to weigh your cat or something that is too heavy for your kitchen scale. Inches lost trump pounds any day of the week.
  • sardesc
    sardesc Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I went from a size 6 to a size 2 without losing a pound. Nobody can see the number on your scale (unless you have a ticker underneath your forum posts). You are doing great!
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    That is really, really amazing! 9 inches is brilliant. Inches are always a more reliable way to feel better about weight loss - your clothes will feel better! Surely you feel amazing about it?

4lbs is awesome for a month - a 1lb a week is very healthy and sustainable. Keep up the good work!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

This ^^ Inches lost is WAY better than pounds lost. Unless perhaps you are in some type of contest or bet where you win something for pounds lost.
  • diddyk
    diddyk Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Do you want to be lighter or smaller? I don't care what I weigh as long as my clothes get bigger on me.
  • Maddalen101
    Maddalen101 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    One pound a week is really healthy. Also, look at it this way: You lost fat and gained muscle (much denser than fat), and so the inches lost reflect quite a bit of fat released!
  • Cheryl1018
    Options
    You are tightening and toning - that is awesome. I am sure the weight will start to come off soon too.
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Rather lose inches than pounds. Congrats
  • spoiledwife12
    spoiledwife12 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! 9 inches is amazing and 4 pounds in one month is exactly within the parameters of losing weight at a healthy, stable rate. Do your clothes fit better? Do you feel better? If you've answered yes to either of these questions, keep doing what you're doing and tell the scale to take a hike. You're making awesome progress and you are FAR more than a number on a scale. It's merely one tool out of many to assess your progress, and you are clearly on the right track.

Very well said!!!!!!
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Well arent you the greedy one! You cant always have your cake and eat it too. Sounds like youre definitely on the right track. Keep up the good work and you'll loose even more weight and inches. Truely in the large scheme of things its the inches that matter and not the scale. Would you rather stay the same size and weigh less? HECK NO! The scale number can fluctuate for a billion reasons but inches dont lie.